Chapter 8

Aiden's POV

Aiden continued to sprint through the forest, still being followed by his two friends, Donovan and Jack.

He couldn't talk until they reached the pack house.

Unlike other packs, who built their pack house within the middle of the forest, secluded from the human population. The Norhaven pack had constructed their house along a human street.

Many packs hid their pack houses deep within the forest, shielded by the canopy of trees. However the Norhaven pack built their house in the middle of a street.

The houses were all occupied by werewolves, but it made it made it easier to maintain their human identity.

Despite the constant warnings, many wayward humans trespassed onto their forest lands. Building a pack house deep within the forest was a convenience for the wolves, but a hassel if a human stumbled across it.

It was easier to maintain their human identity by having their pack house amongst the human streets.

Shifting into his human form, Aiden hastily grabs some clothes from bags that hid within the trees.

Throwing them on, he crosses the street shoving open the pack door. He didn't care if his parents saw him in this state, they were the last thing on his mind.

Ignoring the meandering wolves, he storms up to his room. Jack and Donovan still following behind him.

The last thing he wanted to do was discuss what occurred at lunch today. Collapsing on his bed and sleeping the day off seemed like a perfect way to forget everything that happened. 

However, like two annoying brothers, Donovan and Jack appear in his room, shutting the door quietly behind them.

"Your not seriously thinking of rejecting  Lizzie are you?" Donovan says getting his point in first.

So Lizzie was her name, he muses. Short for Elizabeth.

It suited her perfectly.

Aiden rubs his temple trying to prevent the incoming headache. His morning started off perfectly, how had things changed so drastically.

He couldn't understand how the moon goddess had made this mistake.

For God's sake she was human.

And he was the next Alpha of the Norhaven pack. 

She didn't have rapid healing or acute senses, once word slipped out to the remaining packs and rouges. She'd be dead within minutes.

Her blood would be on his hands.

And he wouldn't put it past the Everdale pack to torture and mutilate her body if they got hold of her. Christ, they'd done it countless times to their pack members.

The thought made him sick.

As the future Alpha, he vowed to destroy the Everdale pack. He couldn't do that with a human Luna by his side 

He'd be putting her into the direct line of danger.

"She's human. Honestly, how long do you think she's going to survive as my mate. You both know that our enemies are growing" He'd hoped this would be the end of the conversation, but as usual Donovan liked to share his opinion.  

"She'll be safer by your side" Donovan argues, using his full force as beta.

"For how long? I can't babysit her 24/7"

"You should reject her" Jack's steady voice enters the conversation.

Donovan's throws him a sharp look, which he flicks off completely.