Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Lizzie's entire body felt numb as she stood under the shower. The warm water cascaded down her body, the steam fogging up the glass, as she began to process everything that had happened in the last 24 hours.

She still couldn't believe that she was in Everdale, let alone standing in Henry's shower. She never thought that she'd see him again, feel the warm embrace of his hugs or have the chance to laugh at one of his corny jokes. 

It saddened her that the bitter rivalry between the packs had affected their friendship. With everything she had begun to learn about both packs history, she couldn't ever imagine a future where both Henry and Aiden would consider each other allies or potentially friends. 

Despite Henry's kind and selfless disposition, she knew that he would never forgive Aiden for the Norhaven's packs past actions. 

She lets out a loud sigh the shower muffling her sound. The rivalry between the packs wasn't her concern, but she had no idea what she was going to do now.

She was so grateful that Henry had welcomed her into his house. She knew that he could've easily turned her away, forced her to go back to Norhaven. They were technically enemies and the idea that Henry could face backlash from allowing her to stay caused guilt to settle in the pit of her stomach.

Lizzie reminded herself that she didn't have a choice, this had been her only option, if Henry had turned her away, she wouldn't have known what to do. 

There was no way she was returning to Norhaven tonight. Just the thought of driving to Norhaven brings back the image of Aiden being tackled to the ground by his Father. It burns in her mind as Lizzie squeezes her eyes shut, her heart racing, despite everything she hated seeing him utterly helpless.

Her first instinct had been to run and help him but when it dawned on her that it was his Father forcing him to the ground, Lizzie knew her safest option would be to continue on to Everdale.

Yet, she still couldn't understand why he'd risk everything for her? It was the question that she still could't answer.

Lizzie shakes her head, the thing she needed right now was time and space to clear her head. 

Turning off the shower, she wraps herself in a towel before placing her clothes on and exiting the en-suite.  

She finds Henry lying on his bed looking at his laptop.

"Hey" he smiles closing his laptop and looking up at her, "How was the shower?"

"It was lovely, thank you" Lizzie says as she tries and covers her yawn. With the adrenaline slowly subsiding away, she could feel the exhaustion weighing heavy on her eyelids.

Henry laughs, "Looks like your ready for bed"

"Mhm" Lizzie mumbles, it had been a long day.

She goes to walk towards the bed as she'd done hundreds of nights before when it crosses her mind that she was still technically the Luna of the Everdale pack, she couldn't sleep next to Henry, the future Alpha of Everdale. She halts in her steps hoping it was subtle enough for Henry not to notice.

Despite Aiden cheating on her, she couldn't justify sleeping next to Henry just to settle the score. Deep down a part of her still cared for Aiden and sharing a bed made her stomach uneasy.

Henry seems to catch her hesitation "I'll sleep on the floor"

"Don't be ridiculous" Lizzie says looking at the floor as her new sleeping arrangement for the night.