Chapter 11

Hey guys 

I'm back!

I hope you enjoy this chapter, hopefully this year I'll stick to my new years resolution and update regularly.

Speech_error

Lizzie's POV

Dread pools in Lizzie's stomach as she walks slowly to the library alone. The rush of adrenaline had quickly dissipated leaving her with an unwanted sense of dread.

In the space of just a few minutes, she'd ruined her chances of any friendship with Kat and the others. She could already foresee the rest of her days here being miserable, if Aiden disliked her before, Jake and he would now be hell-bent on making her life unpleasant.

She wondered if there was any chance, she could transfer back to school in Everdale. Henry's parents would welcome her with open arms, they basically considered her part of the family.

Her brows crease as the sound of running feet attract her attention, twisting around her vision fills with the sight of Kat and Cassandra running towards her.

Lizzie halts, a bemused expression settling on her face as she waits.

"That was amazing," Kat says puffed as she stops just short of Lizzie, her eyes alight with glee.

"What do you mean amazing? Aiden must hate me now"

"He doesn't hate you, Lizzie, I don't think he could ever hate you"

Lizzie's eyes narrow, she didn't know where Kat had been these last two days, but she knew that she wasn't sitting at the top of Aiden's 'To be Friends' list.

"I think he was just shocked that you confronted him" Cassandra states

"You mean defended myself, I wasn't going to let Aiden ruin my chances of making friends, but I screwed that up anyway though." Lizzie says, averting her eyes as she mumbles the last part.

"No, you haven't" Kat assures. "I think Donovan has even more respect for you now"

"But why?" This was becoming more confusing. "Isn't he Aiden's best friend?"

"Yes, but he's your friend too Lizzie". Cassandra says

Lizzie turns to her looking incredulous, she knew she hadn't made that big of an impression on Donovan. He hardly knew her, none of them did. It didn't make sense why he was choosing her over Aiden.

It was a known fact that men always sided with men.

It caused her to question, that maybe there was more to this than she first realised. She feels the urge to rub her forehead, Henry was right, she should've stayed away.

"So, what happens now?"

"Now we head to the library," Kat says, taking the lead. "But tomorrow you'll come back and sit with us, everyone wants you there"

Lizzie bites her bottom lip unsure, "Everyone but Aiden and Jack"

"Don't" Kat cuts her off with a wave of her hand, her carefree attitude, replaced with a look of determination.

"Jack has his own reasons, just ignore him for now," She says, her full attention on Lizzie.

"And should I just ignore Aiden as well?" It came out harsher than she originally intended.

Cassandra and Kat share a look before Kat speaks,

"Just keep being yourself. If you leave the group, you'll be giving him exactly what he wants, and trust me my brother has been handed enough things on a silver platter.