Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"How was your class with Kat" Aiden says surprising her as he casually leans against the lockers. He smiled effortlessly at her in a way that made Lizzie's heart skip a beat.

Despite the chaos surrounding them as people scrambled from the lockers to the cafeteria, Aiden appeared completely at ease as if they were wrapped in their own little bubble completely separate from the world.

"Here" he says reaching over to grab her lunch before she has a chance to object.

She sends him a small smile, "Class was peaceful and productive, but only after the teacher quickly scolded her for talking to me".

"Let me guess, she had a million questions about our date yesterday".

A blush forms on Lizzie's cheeks, she was still processing the fact that she was dating Aiden Black, the Alpha of the Norhaven pack. There was still so much that she had to learn, including her role as Luna. The idea of caring for a pack of wolves was still completely foreign to her, but Aiden assured that she wouldn't have to worry about it until further down the track.

Lizzie closes her locker, looking up at Aiden, "I thought you would've told her?"

He chuckles, "And be stuck in a conversation filled with never-ending questions, I'd already planned to get some sleep after I returned home last night.

She sends him a look, "Thanks".

As they head towards the cafeteria, she notes that walking with Aiden was like walking with a bodyguard. People walked single file, some pressed against walls as they walked past. Nobody dared cut in front or squeeze past in fear of him.

As they entered the cafeteria, Aiden placed a gentle hand on her back, leading her towards their usual table. She couldn't help but lean into his touch, her lips tilting into a small smile.

Kat, Cassandra and Donovan happily greeted her as they arrived, she didn't bother glancing over at Jack, knowing that his permanent scowl still remained on his face.

"So Lizzie, we'll need to start preparing for the winter formal" Kat announced as Cassandra heaved a sigh.

Donovan mouthed the word 'Run' before he covered it with a cough as Kat sent him a pointed look.

"When is it?" She'd seen the posters around the school but hadn't paid any attention to them.

Kat stares at her eyes wide in disbelief, "It's this weekend, but don't worry we can go dress shopping tomorrow and I'll organise hair and makeup". She leans over the table to squeeze Lizzie's hands, "You're so lucky to have me as a friend"

Lizzie gulps, realising why Cassandra had sighed initially.

"Kat, I'm really sorry" Lizzie says allowing some element of sadness to seep into her voice. "I don't think I can go"

She prays that Kat accepts this an answer. "Nobody's asked me to attend"

"But" Kat says as she scrambles for an answer before her eyes fall on Aiden and Lizzie relinquishes all hope for a quiet night in.

"Aiden, will ask you right now"

"Hmm, I'm not sure Kat, it might be nice to spend some alone time with Elizabeth" He flicks his eyes over to hers that Lizzie can't help the nerves which settle at the bottom of her stomach.

Aiden had promised that he'd take things slowly, but despite the nerves Lizzie couldn't deny the excitement of spending some more time alone with Aiden.

"So what happens if someone else actually has the courage to ask Lizzie, I guess she'd be going with another male" Kat looks away innocently but she knew her words had found her mark.