Grace and Reginald

After seeing Luther and Fives interaction I went to find mom. I was so worried about Klaus getting food I forgot about myself.

I walk into the kitchen finding Grace or mom rather, cooking eggs. I sat on the counter and watched her. Mom didn't mind. Luther and Allison walked in asking questions about Reginalds death. I couldn't give a fuck. I sat and looked at mom, soaking in everything about her. Her hair, the color lipstick she used, how the light hit her face in certain places.

I know mom isn't real. But she's the closest thing I had to a stable parental figure. Mom went back to cooking eggs and I just continued sitting on the counter kicking my feet back and forth.

I zoned out and tuned in to mom aggressively scraping the eggs out of the pan. I jumped a little.

"There were times you kids kept me oh so busy then-" she started then stopped abruptly.

We looked at her. I felt bad for her, we left her all alone.

"Eggs are ready!" Ooo food!

I hope down from the counter and take a seat at the table.

"Eat up! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Eat up you three."

She lays a plate of eggs and bacon in the shape of a smiley face. I smile at it, it's a small thing yes, and trivial to get happy over. But it made me happy.

After breakfast I go find Klaus. Only to find him sifting through the garbage bin out back.

"Damn it, where's dad's stuff!" He yells

"You alright klaus?" I yell back

"Shut up!" He yells

"Oh I'm sorry"

"Not you! Ben's asking if we can see a movie or the ocean. When I'm clearly BUSY."

"Ben's here? Hi Ben!"

"He says hi. I'm trying to find whatever...priceless crap was in that priceless box, so that pogo WILL GET OFF MY ASS" he yells in frustration

"Five ditched me so I have nothing to do, would you like me to help?"

"I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus, then it occurred to me. I don't care." Five calls down the ladder

"Speak of the devil" I whisper

"You know there are easier ways out of the house, buddy?"

"This one involved the least amount of talking. Or so I thought." He replies

I slowly shrink onto the corner of the building hiding away.

"Need anymore company hunting? I could, uh... clear my schedule."

"Looks like you got your hands full."

"Oh, this? No, no. I can do this whenever. I just misplaced something is all." He slips and falls into the garbage bin. I laugh at him knowing Ben's laughing at him too.

"Found it!" He pulls out a nasty garbage bagel and eats it. His face scrunches up in disgust upon eating it.

"I'm done funding your drug habits Klaus."

"Maybe I just want to spend time with my brother! Besides you and you." Pointing at me and where I assume Ben would be sitting.

Five continues to walk off.

"I love you!" Klaus calls after him

I shake my head at Klaus. Wondering how in the hell we're friends. I clap my hands and look at Klaus.