Öga for Öga

Five pov:

The Handler gave me a slip of paper that specified where and when I was supposed to go. Just as I was about to leave the ground shook. Not an earthquake. There were no earthquakes reported in Dallas Texas for today.

I leave the building and head to the nearest phone to call Elliots. There's only two people I know that can make the ground shake. If I know anything about those two. Is that if it happened nothing good followed.

With hesitant hands I dial his number awaiting a response.

Y/n pov:

I sat on my knees stuck in my thoughts for just a little bit longer. Then the phone ringing pulled me out of it.

I slowly stand. The boys staying cautious of me. My body swaying and dragging as I walk to the phone. I pick up the phone and answer in a small voice.

Y/n: Hello?

Five: Hey! Just wanted to check in. Is everything okay?

Y/n: I-

I couldn't speak. All I could do was hum a "nuh uh", while trying to not burst into tears.

Five: Okay well, it's okay. I don't know what's wrong, but I'm on my way to Elliots now alright? It'll take just a moment. I promise hon.

A small thank you escaped my lips then the dial tone hit my ears.

Five pov:

I arrive at Elliots confused.

I open the door to see Y/n on their knees, muttering and staring at the floor.

I give Luther and Diego a "What the fuck happened look". All they do is point me to the man in the chair. I'm going to assume from Y/ns reaction it could only be a deceased Elliot. I was starting to like that idiot.

I crouch down next to them, and pull them into for a hug. They just sit and mumble about murder and something about the Swedish guys. I sit and pet their hair slowly and just tell them it's going to be okay.

I sit there doing nothing but swaying with them in my arms and attempting to provide whatever comfort I can.

Y/n: Do you know who hired them?

She asks softly.

Five: Hired who my love?

They turn to look at me slowly with grief and rage stricken eyes.

Y/n: The Sweds.

Five: I think I might.

They try to break free from my grasp but I keep holding them.

She eventually breaks through. Standing over me with their hand out. Swaying slightly.

Y/n: I'm doing this with or without you Five. Choose wisely.

They stare at me blankly. What used to be sparkling eyes with joy and happiness turned dull and into voids. Something I was not familiar with. Nor that I enjoyed seeing. It was heartbreaking to me. To see someone I cared so much about, broken and shattered inside. Knowing I probably helped cause some of this sadness didn't help my aching heart.

I sigh knowing there's only one thing I can do.

I take their hand and we begin walking out the door together. We get to the street before one of us says something.

Five: Listen we can't go yet. I have to do something that will get us home first.

Y/n: Then I'm coming with.