New Student [ 1+2 ]

[ Part 1 ]

Mei : How are you going to teach me again? You don't exactly fit the "Teacher" description.

Redson : I may not be able to teach you like a proper teacher would but I know someone who can.

Redson holds Mei's hand and they vanish into this tiny ball of fire and it starts hopping around here and there leaving some burn marks wherever it goes. The ball stops Infront of the gates of a beautiful temple with white and red walls and gold embroidered into beautiful swirls. The ball of fire becomes a bigger fire and after it went out Mei and Redson stood in its place. Redson walks up to the gate with Mei behind him admiring the building inside from afar. He summons a ball of fire in his hands and reaches up to the gate as the fire catches on to the keyhole of the gate and spreads throughout the whole door. The gate remains the same and they can hear a click as the gate opens slightly letting them know they can come in.

Redson opens the gate and peeks his head inside while looking around. He finally steps in and motions Mei to follow him, Mei does so and once she got inside the door slams with a a loud bang that made her jump in her spot. She turns her head to Redson who is already on the steps of the temple and Mei runs to him trying not to lose him. As they walk Mei takes in her surroundings. The insides were just like the outside. Red walls and white pillars with gold patterns but these patterns were not just swirls. They were a phoenix and a dragon. Mei stared at the dragon and thought that maybe it was another one of her great great great uncles. She was excited to see another of her family members.

They made it into a room with a small table in the middle with two cushions on the floor on both sides. Mei felt like they were being watched and looked around trying to find those eyes. Wherever they are. Sitting on the frame that supports the roof is a man with red eyes, split yellow and orange short hair. He's got big wings that he could use to shield his whole body. His red eyes stare down at them intensely observing their every move. The man opens his mouth and says

??? : Password?

Mei : Oh Uhm... Abracadabra?

??? : What are you? Five?

Mei : I-

Redson : We don't have a password.

??? : Hmm..  Nickname then.

Redson sighs and blushes a bit out of embarrassment. He's contemplating whether to say it or not.  After a while he decides to just get it over with

Redson : FireBee...

??? : I can't hear you. Could you say it a bit louder?

Redson : ... Fire. Bee.

??? : Mmm... A bit more louder.

Redson : FIREBEE!

Redson shouts as his hair fires up above his head almost hitting the roof. The man smiles at them and jumps down to the floor. He stands up and walks towards Redson. He looks down at him as Redson looks up at him. They stare at eachother for a sec .

??? : Welcome back Redkid :)

[ Part 2 ]

The man wraps his arms around Redson pulling him into a big bear hug and Redson tries to make him let go. He puts him down and pats his head and also messing up his hair. Mei enjoys the man's fatherly vibe and gets a bit more comfortable.

??? : How's my favorite student doing? I've missed you.

Redson : I'm your ONLY student and I've been well. I'd like you to meet... My friend. Mei.

Mei : Hello! I'm Mei Dragon. It's nice to meet you Mr...

??? : Melvin but you can just call me Mel for short. I'm so happy to meet one of Redsons friends! You're the first person to befriend my hot headed student. I'm hoping you guys are getting along?

Mei : Oh yeah! We're getting along great!

Redson : * Clears Throat * We're here because we need your help. You're the only person I could think of who could help us. You see, Dragon girl here needs to find a way to control her new fire powers. It's pretty destructive if it gets out of control. We were wondering if you could help us find a way to control it? Atleast down a notch.

Mel : There nothing I can't figure out. I'm sure I have something around here that can help with that.

Mei : Really?

Mel : Ofcourse! I've been around for eons so I'm sure I can help you! Plus I'd be glad to take in Redsons friend as one of my students! But before that... Sweetie. You're looking like a terrible mess right now. That new power of yours is really really powerful huh? Well no worries I've got some spare clothes that would probably fit you in my room. I'll go find them. In the meantime, Red. Could you bring her to your old room and set the futons down there for you two? You know where they are right? I'll be with you guys in a bit.

Redson : Yes yes I know. Come on Dragon girl follow me.

Mei follows Redson to a room on the second floor. The room had a closet and its own bathroom. She went into the bathroom and washed the dirt off her face. She heard a knock on the door and opened it to see Mel with some folded clothes in his hands, in the background she can see that Redson is laying down the futons. Mel handed her the clothes and she took them closing the door and changing into the new attire.

After she was done she walks out and immediately laid down on the futons with Red also laying on the futon beside her. Mel goes up to the door and turns off the lights in the room. He mentioned something about starting the training tomorrow and walks out closing the door as Mei shuts her eyes and falls asleep.