The Mind

Mel wakes up in a big room. Castle walls. There is a bookshelf in the corner filled with tons of books and files, a coffee table beside the sofa he is strapped to. He tugs on his restraints. Nothing. He tries to burn it but for some reason he can't even spark a single flame. He looks up, a TV screen is showing which looks to be his temple. It's night time there.

~~~~

An eagle sits on top of the branch. Eyeing the temple in front of it, the eagle drops down from the branch and flies away. Meanwhile, Mei, Redson and Qinglong are in said temple. Qinglong about to explain to them more about Mel and his other half.

Along time ago, at a different temple, at a different place. Mel was like any other deity Kind and forgiving. He loved the towns people and the towns people loved him. They always came to him for help.

One day, His old friend Lady ChuHua visited him for his blessing and his readings on her love life with the one and only Sun Wukong. Qinglong was with them and they were almost at the end of their session. Wukong doesn't seem like he's having any interest in this, he's been glaring at both him and Qinglong but mostly him since he was the one who'll be doing his reading session. As they were separated from ChuHua and Qinglong. Mel tried to be patient with him but he keeps disrespecting him and calling him a fraud. The last straw happened and a loud boom echoed through the temple. Qinglong and ChuHua run in and see the room a complete and burnt mess. Mel's calmy smiling and Wukong has a smirk on his face, thinking he'd done something good for the people.

Rumors spread like wildfire about how Mel attacked Lady ChuHua and her partner. He has tried to deny this but this just added fuel to the fire. He ended up locking himself in his room not wanting to deal with the stress given by the towns people. Mel tries to cope but a certain person wanted revenge...

~~~~

Qinglong hears the news about Lady ChuHua and was going to report it to Mel. Thinking he'd be sad about the news but no emotion was present when he told him. He looked calmy out his window, maybe even a little amused. This was concerning behavior from Mel and asked him if he was okay. Mel responded with a nod and the a "yes" and shooed him away with his hand. Qinglong walks out and before he shut the door behind him he could see a smile on Mel's face. The door closes.

After that incident Mel went back to his life like normal. He visited a town full of Qilins, creatures who can see the past and the future. While playing with one of them they mentioned that they wanted to test out his powers on him. Mel thought nothing of it and agreed. He sat down Infront of the Qilin and held out his hand for the Qilin to take it, when the Qilin took his hand they saw a horrible future... He shoved his hand away and ran. Leaving Mel confused and worried. After that another set of rumours appeared about Mel who's going to be the one to end the world and that they should execute him before it happens. But Fenghuang wasn't going to let that happen. He ended up burning the whole town to the ground and ended the Qilins... Except for one, Hua Li.

~~~~

Hua Li : Wukong! Why haven't you told the Jade emperor yet!?

Wukong : I- Sorry Hua Li! I can't! We still haven't figured out what's wrong with Mel! It's like he's been possessed or something. Whatever is happening the real Mel is still in there. Hwang said so!

Hwang : Yes, I can feel that there are two Qi's present when I'm around Mel. I didn't think anything of it until now tho...

Hua Li : Who cares!? Not our problem. If we tell the Jade Emperor, this problem will be out of our way! I'm sure the Jade emperor can take care of it.

Wukong : But that the problem Hua Li! The Jade Emperor is just going to get rid of him! But since Mel's the heart of the samadhi fire I'm sure he's going to be difficult to capture.