Monkey King

× Sun Wukong ×

MK is dragging me to follow him to Mel's house. I don't know what he needs from this guy anyways. It irritates me just being near the god damn bird. Me and MK are on the path to his Temple. A few minutes later, we arrived and MK starts knocking on the gates. The gate opens and there he is. The split haired bird I dreaded to see after the battle. He had a fake smile plastered on his face. He's probably planning something, I shouldn't let my guard down around him.

MK smiles back and greets Mel with a hug that left Mel Breathless. Mel invites them inside and MK walks first, as I walk by him I sent the coldest glare I could muster up and I could see a shiver go down his spine as he tries to keep his smile from falling. The inside was luxurious. I wonder who he enslaved to make this. As we walked into the living room and MK sees Redson and Mei as he walks away to join them, leaving me with Mel. Mel gestures me to follow him and takes me to the tiny table he had set up. There's a teapot and tea cups on the tray on top of the table. He sat down first. I sat down Infront of him. He hands me a cup of tea. I hesitate but took it anyways reminding myself that I'm immortal. He poured himself some and took a sip of his tea, seeing that it wasn't tampered with I took a sip as well. We sit in silence for a bit but that was quickly changed as Mel started asking.

Mel : So. How did you become MK's Mentor?

I didn't want to answer but it looks like MK is going to be taking a while, so...

Wukong : My staff chose him. Thats how it all started.

Mel :

Wukong : What?

Mel : Oh. I thought you were going to continue.

Wukong : That's pretty much it and he was so excited to be my successor.

Mel : That sounds very wholesome. I'd love to see how you train him. It would be a fun little Collab! We can train together sometime.

Wukong : Yeah... Sure.

Mel : Oh yeah! How do you like the tea? It's peach flavored. Mei told me about how you liked peaches so I rummaged through my pantry to find this. Its really good in my opinion but not something I'd drink everyday.

I look down and see that I've finished my tea and went to go pour some more. Mel insist that he'd do it for me and grabs the teapot as he poured it into my cup but then he "accidentally" poured the tea on to his hands. I instinctively hissed at the pain and dropped the tea cup in my hand. Mel panicked and puts the tea pot down carefully as he got up to my side.

Mel : Oh my god! I'm so so sorry! Uh- Here!

Mel grabs my shoulders and pulls me up to stand and follow him to the kitchen as he turns the faucet and places my hand under the cold tap water. He told me to stay here while he goes to clean up the mess. He looked genuinely worried. Which is... Odd.

~~~~

It's been a few days since that incident and for some reason I found myself always running into him. I don't know if this was by coincidence or he's just doing this on purpose. One time I saw him at Pigsy's place, he was there sitting on MY seat, eating some delicious noodles. Pigsy was in front of him watching him eat, enjoying the praises that the bird was giving. Pigsy noticed me and greeted me and asked me to take a seat. I did, far away from Mel. Pigsy served my usual and I began eating while Mel has already finished his food and just noticed my presence. He waved but I pretended not to see him.

Then, I see him at the night market in that disguise of his.

Then, at the Zero gravity arcade, The Food wars2, The Great Wall Race3 and NOW my own home. In the middle of the night as well! I can smell his orangey scent from my bed and it's pissing me off! What was he doing here anyways.. is he planning to ambush me? Take revenge? No. I'm not going to let that happen. I got up not bothering to change out of my pink robe and went for the top of flower fruit mountain. After a bit of climbing I found him and the scent of rotten oranges filled the air. Is he... Scared? Hmph. He should be scared.

Wukong : Oi! What are you doing here.

Mel : Wukong? What are YOU doing here?

Wukong : I live here, Dumby. Now answer my question.

Mel : I don't know...

Mel turns his head to look at me and I can see his eyes. It looks like he's been crying. Is this some cheap trick to fool me?

Wukong : If you "Don't know" then leave. I can't get any sleep with your rotten scent filling my precious air.

Mel : Sorry. I'll leave in a bit. I just need some time right now.

A few moments of silence fell between us and I was really feeling the exhaustion starting to kick in. I don't know what I was doing but I found myself sitting beside him near the edge. Trying to calm him down faster by running my fingers through his hair.

Wukong : You want to talk about it?

Mel : No. I don't want to remember it anymore.

Wukong : Mm. Okay. Say, If you want to forget I've got just the thing.

~~~~

This is where I'll execute my plan. To find out what he's planning. They say "Drunk words are sober thoughts". So I brought the bird a couple bottles of peach flavored drinks and he's already wasted.

Wukong : So. How you feeling?

Mel : Gooood~ I feel like- like.. mhm.

Wukong : Great, Great. Now I've got some questions and I need you to answer them honestly. First, What are you planning to do? Are you planning to destroy the world? Destroy me?

Mel : Whaat. Why would I do that, That's ridiculous. You're real funny Monkey man.

Wukong : Tch. You're lying through your teeth even when you're completely wasted. Now tell me the truth!

Mel : Mm.. well. I am planning something. Something big!

Wukong : Yeah? And what is it?

Mel : Something... Scary. Something thats going to bring chills down your spines.

Wukong : You- I knew you were still the monster you were!

Mel : I booked. A whole haunted house for us. On Halloween~

Wukong: What.

Mel : Yeahhh. I thought it'd be a nice way to spend Halloween together! Once we're all done with that I've got a bunch of candy from my offering table that we can eat. Its going to be so fun!

Im in disbelief. No did this bird planned this wholesome outing. Has he truly Forgotten who he was? Only one way to find out.

Wukong : Do you remember her?

I pull out a picture of a beautiful lady. Her name was ChuHua. Mel leaned a little closer and stared at it for a second.

Mel : Nope! I've never seen her in my life. She does look alot like ChanJuan tho! I wonder if they were family.

Mel takes another swig of the drink and I sit there not knowing what to feel but i takes the bottle from Mel's hand.

Wukong : Alright. You should go home- actually you can't go home in the state you're in. You can sleep here on the couch.

I say as I'm patting the couch. He lays on the couch and got comfortable as I covered him with a pluck out a few pieces of my hair and blowing it making a blanket for him. I blew out the candle and walked to my room as I try and think about the things he just told me. Maybe... He did forget. Maybe this was a different person. Maybe a reincarnation? Maybe. He can't just hate this person just because he looked like that monster from the past. From now on, he'll treat him like a friend.

~~~~

Me and Mel got along after that whole shabang. He looked happy to see me finally enjoying his company and I felt like the weight on my shoulder ever since I met him is now gone. MK is glad that I'm finally getting along with him and the monkeys love it when he visits, I should probably make him babysit them one day. Any who, I'm glad that night happened even though I used some not so good ways to get those answers. I'd probably should inform this to Macaque and tell him that he doesn't remember anything but he probably already knew that. I've been seeing him around Mel alot lately taking the form of a crow. I guess he's been trying to keep an eye on him so he won't do his mischievous acts.

I can finally relax now.