Get to know [ 5 ]

Laughter fills the air as Mei tells Mel about how she met her friends including Redson. Mel wipes the tears in his eyes from laughing too hard away and tries to calm down.

Mel : Wait so, your friend.. MK was it?

Mei : Yeah yeah!

Mel : So he ate these cursed meatballs and got a never ending hiccup?

Mei : Yeah! Honestly Pigsy told him not to but we didn't listen haha! It was funny seeing him trying to unsuccessfully hold it in.

Redson : Pfft that sounds like him alright. He never seems to think before he does things.

Mel : He sounds like a joy to be around. I'd love to meet him one day. Maybe I can let him fly in The Fenghuang airlines someday.

Mei : He's had a fair share of flying so I'm sure he'd love the Fenghuang airlines. Enough about us, We'd love to know more about you Mister Fire Bird Sir. What's your backstory?

Mel : Oh? Uhmmm.. Well I don't know alot about my past but Me and my childhood friend QingLong help people out with their relationships I guess. Kinda like a therapist for when people are having a bad relationship whether its with their significant other or their best friend. I know that the celestial realm adores the dragons and the Phoenix but sometimes it gets annoying. Some celestials just can't keep their hands to themselves... Anyways, other things about me is that every 500 years I'll reincarnate and when I die I'll have to wait until my 500 years are done before I can reincarnate again. Every reincarnation is a factory reset and all my memories will be wiped away but Ofcourse there is a way to get it back. Anything that is given to me I can use it to store my memories and when I reincarnate all I have to do is touch it and ta-da! My memories will be back. If I don't do it then those memories will be long gone.

Redson : That's. Fascinating. Hmm... Can you get your memories by like a view or a place?

Mel : Ive never tried that. There are alot of things missing from my memory I'm sure. I've asked QingLong about more of my past but he seemed... Hesitant about telling me but in the end he just changed the subject.

Mei : Dang. You must've done something really bad if he wanted to keep it a secret from you.
[ Mei tosses an orange into her mouth and chews ]

Mel : Yeah I guess. But I can figure that out another time. Right now! I've got to teach you how to control your powers!

Mel gets up and grabs something from the basket. A couple of plates and some chopsticks. He throws them at Mei and she barely manages to catch them in her arms. Redson got up and immediately knew what Mel was going to do.

Redson : Wait wait! Can't we try something else first? I don't think she ready for all the focus she needs for this one.

Mel : Hmm... I guess you're right. How about some meditation first? Maybe that'll help you not let your emotions get the best of you. Even the slightest strong emotion you feel can make you lose control and destroy the whole world. So it's best not to start with these.

Mel grabs the Plates and Chopsticks and puts them aside.

Mel : I'll let Red take over for now. I have to get some more stuff for our training back at the temple and maybe some more food. We're kind of running out. Here Redson!

Mel hands him the book they found in the box and opens it to point at a list he made of what to do.

Mel : Just follow these and everything will go smoothly and if you want you can add in your own little training exercises.

Redson : Will do FireBird Sir. [ Redson scans the list and recognizes atleast half of these training exercises and the other half are somethings he's never seen before ] I guess I'll just wait until Mel comes back to do those until then I'll just let Mei do the others.

Redson closes the book and places it next to the staircase and walks up to Mei. He's telling her that they should walk around down on the ground later to find a place to train so they don't ruin their resting place while Mel is getting ready to fly off. In the middle of stretching Mel remembers something that Qinglong told him about and he's done this to all of his close friends and he would consider the relationship he has with Mei and Redson as close. So he plucked one of his feathers and tied it up with a small piece of loose string he found on his clothes and made a necklace out of it. He walks up to Redson and Mei and hands Redson the feather necklace.

Mel : If anything happens just slightly pinch the feather and I'll be notified. I'll come back as fast as I can. And if you need to find me it'll point to my direction and the hotter it gets the closer you are to me. Alright? Alright.

Redson nods and puts the makeshift necklace around his neck and the feather floats pointing towards Mel glowing a bright yellow colour. Mel turns away and Mel raise his wings as he flaps it for a bit and flies up into the air, he flies to the direction of where they came from. Fire appearing and disappearing in his tracks as he disappears in the sky.

Redson turns his head away from the sky to turn to Mei who's getting ready to jump down from the balcony but Redson sighs and grabs her by the waist and carries her like a child while he uses his fire teleportation to bring them to the ground. And so the meditation begins.