l.e. ~ deserve

"What happened? Marc again?" I asked my best friend, Layla.

She nodded and started to sob and leaned on my shoulder. I tried comforting her like always. This always happens. Marc always breaking her heart and she goes to me.

"Gosh, that boy could just never take a hint." I said. "Don't worry, Layla. There's nothing to do with him at this point."

"What'd he do anyway?" I asked. "Um, we got into an argument on him going out this late. He always goes out so late, it's so odd." She explained.

"Well, you went out here too this late." I said. "Because you live close, Y/n. And you're up having a good time all on your own this late, all the time." She said.

I chuckled. "Yeah, I know. I'm just messing. Well, you know what I usually say when this happens." I said.

"He could get over it and if he doesn't, take his money and leave." We say together then laughed. "And be my roomie. This house is too damn big for just me." I said.

She smiled, softly. "Of course. Well, I'd love to join you and your... Craving, but I'm really tired." She said. "Oh yeah, go ahead. Sleep wherever you want beside the couch. You don't hog the couch." I said.

"I won't. I'm taking your bed." She said, standing up and walking to my room. "Alright. Love you, good night." I said.

"G'night. Love you too." She replied and went upstairs to my room.

I stayed up still and I was sure she's deep asleep. Marc sometimes can't give her a break.

I heard the doorbell finally ring and I immediately answer it.

"Gosh, Marc. I told you to go easy on her." I whispered to him. "Geez, you don't look to good. Come in." I said and he did.

He sat on the couch, panting and sweating. He seemed really tired from fighting all the bad guys Khonshu told him to eliminate.

I handed him a glass of water and he chugged it all.

"Where's Layla?" He asked. "Asleep in my room. You will apologize to her tomorrow morning and tell Khonshu, you will not be doing his dirty work anytime soon. Got that? And no, you're not allowed to wake her up now." I said. "It's too damn late for that."

"Alright, I got it. What're you still doing up this late?" Asks Marc. "Uh, waiting for you while binge watching TV series'? I think I finished one season just waiting for you to come back." I said.

Marc sighs and puts his hand on his forehead while closing his eyes, feeling frustrated and not calm, I'd say.

"You can see her if you want but you're not waking her up." I said. "Sure, I'd like that." He said.

I took him upstairs to my room and opened the door and there was Layla, asleep comfortably on my bed.

We both looked at her from the door.

"I really don't deserve her. She deserves much better." He muttered with a small smile.

"You're damn right she doesn't deserve you." I said. "Very funny." He said.

•••

What's an MK imagine book w/o Layla herself?

anw, sorry for the inactivity. School and lack of inspiration is why.