m.s. ~ wake up

"Did you hear that?" Y/n whispered.

There was footsteps. Not from one person but from a bunch. They were running. Possibly Harrows people.

"I think it's Harrow. C'mon, we gotta go." I said. I took the ushabti from her hands dragged her with me, trying to find a way or at least somehwere to hide.

"Marc. They're getting closer!" She said. "Shh! Don't worry, just stay quiet." I said, lowering my voice.

We kept wandering around until they finally had us surrounded.

"Well, what a nice vacation this is." Says Harrow. "Sadly, I'm gonna have to take your souvenir."

Then Y/n said, "I take right?" "Yup." I replied and we each knocked a guy out at the same time and continued the knocking to whoever came at us.

We were at the last 3 guys and make that 4 with Harrow. I was busy with one guy that I didn't notice 2 other guys holding Y/n down.

"Marc!" She yelped. I looked over to my right and saw her pinned down ont he ground. I got distracted by her that the guy I held down ended up holding me down to the ground.

"Y/n!" I shouted, trying to get up. Eventually, Y/n fought her way out of the two guys. She stood up from the ground and looked in front of her.

Bang! A gunshot fired from Harrows gun. The bullet hit Y/n.

"No!" I yelled, loudly. Bang! He shot her again and she fell down to the ground.

I hurriedly knocked the guy - holding me down - out and attacked Harrow but more of his guys came then beated and stopped me until I was too weak to fight back.

He then walks over to me and took the ushabti. Then he held the gun to my head.

"Do it. I'd rather die because of you than some judgy God." I said. He grinned and puts the gun down.

"It's much more fun to see you in pain and agony." He said. "Let him go. We need to leave now."

His guys dropped me to the ground and I groaned in pain. They left and I was just on the floor and I saw Y/n.

"Oh my god, Y/n." I muttered and crawled over to her. I held her and brushed the hair out of her face. "Oh, no no no no. Oh God, no."

I held her in my arms, hoping she'd wake up but there were no signs. "Y/n, please. Please wake up. C'mon." I breathed.

"No no no. Please..." I hugged her and cried. "No baby, you can't leave now."

I kept sobbing that my tears got on her shirt. I gently held her head and kissed her forehead. "Oh, I love you so much, sweetie. This is all my fault."

"They will pay for this." I said.

•••

This sounds like a common idea but oh well.

Is this story sad enough? I think so.