Chapter Six: Risk

Risk

===
I feel so wrong, but it feels normal,
no more tears even if you hurt me.
===

Don't try to save what can't be saved.

The pale crescent moon shone over the orphanage, the night was lit up by the many stars that covered the sky, and its moonlight reflected itself on the library's only window, the sound of a door being opened echoed across the room,

"You're here early," [Name] acknowledged, stepping in, along with her three friends, Don smiled, Gilda on the other hand, had a very troubled look on her face.

The [h/c] girl closed the door swiftly, waiting for someone to say something. She was very anxious herself, Emma was plotting something, she knew she was, the girl remembered what Emma told her right before they entered-

'Just follow my lead,'

Emma, just what are you planning?

"What did you want to talk about?" the boy asked, [Name] walked up to them and without a word she patted Don's head, ruffling his hair, she knew it was going to be hard for them, Don was the closest to Conny and Gilda was very sensitive, neither of them were going to take the news lightly.

[Name] looked at Gilda, the olive-green haired girl stood up and walked up to her, the [h/c]-nette smiled pitifully.

"We need to talk."

♡--★♪•♡•♪☆----♡

"Human trafficking?"

Don repeated, he didn't look concerned, after all, who could believe such idiotic lies... If only he knew that the truth was much worse. Gilda understood at once, she didn't need to give it a second thought, she knew something was wrong.

[Name] and Ray sat on the library's second floor, looking down at them.

"Yeah. All of our siblings have been sold to bad people."

"Pfft!"

Don burst out laughing, [Name] rolled her eyes then looked at Ray, the boy raised his eyebrows for a second, and [Name] sighed.

"No! No! No!" he continued laughing, now breathlessly, he kneeled over a bit, his stomach had started to hurt. "There's no way!"

"But the walls, the gate, and the siblings who left and never wrote to us," Norman tried to explain, Don turned to look at him.

"Oh, come on now, what's the punchline?" he asked, "You almost had me there for a second."

No one said anything, Don looked at Emma, the girl looked away, and his smile started to vanish.

"Why are you guys not saying anything?"

"'Cause it's true," Ray answered bluntly, looking down at him, [Name] leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Wait. Then what about Mom?" he asked, not looking all so funny now.

"She's the one..." Emma started, looking away, "who sells us to people,"

"Huh!?" Don made a harsh move, [Name] could've sworn he was about to punch someone, "There's no way Mom would do such a thing! Take that back!"

She didn't take it back at all, the boy grabbed her shoulders harshly, shaking her.

"Don..."

Gilda called him softly, the boy turned to look at her, still not letting go of Emma's shoulders, "Emma loves this house and Mom, just as much as everyone else... why would she make this up?"