Chapter Eleven: Smarty

Smarty

===
But I'm happy, I love playing this games until my heart bleeds.
===

Who was the choice like smarty does?

"Huh?" Emma let out, hugging Gilda protectively. Isn't her goal to catch us in the act and immediately ship us out? What is she talking about? Teaming up with... Sister Krone.

Emma blinked in confusion, Norman smirked. I see, so that's how it is.

"Stay calm guys, we'll be okay," the albino smiled, "Let's listen to what she has to say."

"Exactly," Krone beamed, "All I'm asking is to join forces in order to help each other achieve our goals..."

"Achieve our goals?" Don repeated, frowning.

"Your goal is to escape, mine is to become the mother of this house, my ultimate wish is to drag Isabella out of her position and snatch it for myself"

"Her position?"

Krone sighed, and began unbuttoning her collar, the albino watched closely, "Just to make sure you all know, I'm telling nothing but the truth right now...

In essence, my goal is to escape.. my current position."

The dark-haired woman showed them her neck, the same numbers tattooed on her neck, just like the kids had theirs.

Their eyes widened.

"Do you know all know how the rules in this system are organized? Girls who successfully clear a certain a set of requirements and end up living here until the age of twelve are given two options to chose from;

One is to be killed, and the other is to aim to become a Mother."

"Only girls?" Gilda asked softly, Krone nodded.

"What are the requirements?" Don asked.

"Satisfactory grades, and a recommendation from their very own mothers, as long as you pass these two hurdles, you will be guaranteed with an option to survive...but I don't recommend it."

She unbuttoned the next few buttons on her dress, their eyes widened as she revealed a scar on her chest. "Because they will modify your body so that I'll become impossible for you to live your designated areas."

"What are you talking about?" Emma asked, her eyes trailing down her scar, she froze in realization. "...a microchip?" she mumbled.

"We adults have a small chip embedded in our bodies, it's programmed to send an electric shock that'll stop out hearts if we take even a single step outside our grounds.
At the same time, it's also programmed to send an alert to the higher ups if our hearts stop for varying reasons."

Norman raised his eyebrows. In other words, we really 'can't' kill them after all.

"My only option is to live within these grounds, that's why I really want to to make the best of what I already have."

Emma gritted her teeth.

"I want to spend the best of my days as a mother, even if it's all fake," she smiled, "I would love to live in a cozy little home with a cozy family filled with innocently adorable children who will all love me unconditionally!"

Don watched her closely.

"And that's why I must get rid of Isabella. I must erase her.

If you children successfully make your escape, Isabella will be the one to blame, my dream will finally come true!!" she sang, spinning and dancing around. "Run away as far you'd like, It'll do nothing but benefit me in the end, that's why I won't do anything to get in your way."