Chapter Twelve: Brother

Brother

===
Picture, picture, smile for the picture
Pose with your brother, won't you be a good sister?
===

I'm not losing him too.

Isabella glanced at the photo Ray had left on the table, she sighed, sitting on her desk.
Midnight came, the ticking of the clock echoed throughout the orphanage, Emma sighed softly, hugging her pillow, Norman sat on his bed with his arms folded

Ray was coming back t his room, he had gone to the kitchen to get some water and [Name] was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

Isabella marked her calendar, a smile on her face. "Well then, I think it's about time to begin."

♡--★♪•♡•♪☆----♡

It was already daylight, the children played outside as usual, Ray watched them while they jumped and laughed, his new camera in his hands, he smiled as he took pictures of his siblings.

He turned to [Name's] direction, she was chatting with Alicia, the blonde little girl laughed at something she had said, [Name] got up as Alicia ran off and waved goodbye.

The girl turned to Ray, grinning and waving at the distance, the raven-nette smiled softly, taking a picture of her.

He then noticed Gilda, Don, Emma and Norman walking behind him, he met Norman's gaze, and nodded.

♡--★♪•♡•♪☆----♡

"Let's go over the plan"

The six oldest kids met up behind the house, Ray leaned against the wall, arms crossed, the five others listening closely.

"When we have free time after lunch, [Name] and I will distract Mom, Norman and Emma will climb the wall to inspect the vicinity, Don and Gilda, stay outside the south window on the House's second floor.

Just in case we fail to distract Mom, I'll signal you, let Emma and Norman know to cancel the inspection immediately. According to our original plan, we have six days left until the end of January, but we have the two and a half months 'till I get shipped out, So if things go wrong, cancel the inspection, immediately."

"Everything needs to be done in secret," Name] added, "We need to pretend to be controllable."

Don and Gilda nodded.

"Don!"

The brunette boy turned to his side, Mark called, alongside with two other little kids waving their little arms in the air. "Come play with us!"

"Gilda too!" one of them added.

Don grinned. "Sure! Ready for some tag?"

And with that, the two ran off.

"Guys," Norman called, the raven-nette frowned, Emma had the most guilty look on her face. "We need to talk."

[Nane] raised her eyebrows, and without saying a word, the four went back inside. The walk to the house was awkward, the air was heavy, and they were quiet.