.just a few feet apart.

Third person's POV
What Jack didn't know was his sister was just a few doors down from him.

Jack was staying on the 11th floor room 1009 with Ty and Ava was staying on the 11th floor in room 1016 with Steph.

They were just a few feet apart yet neither if them knew it.

Somehow they always missed each other.

Was it fate.

Was and not meant to go back to her real family, was she meant to stay with the one she had now?

Ava's POV
Tonight was the game against LA.

Since the boys had practice, me and Steph decided to go shopping because that's what girls do.

Shop till they drop.

We at least that's what me and Steph do.

"This is a dangerous store" Steph joked.

"I know everything's just so cute" I said.

The boys were definitely going to kill is when they found out how much money we spent but that's ok.

What they didn't know couldn't hurt them and I think it was better they didn't know anyways.

After me a Steph shopped for a bit we went to get lunch.

We were at this cute little restaurant.

We bonded a lot.

We got know each other more and told funny stories.

Steph told me a bunch of stories about Mitch which are hilarious and I told her about my family.

"Do you wish you didn't run away" Steph asked.

"A little, I mean I know they hate me but, they're still my brothers" I said.

"I get that."

Steph seemed to understand me and where I was coming from.

She got that I felt unwanted and took it upon herself to not make me feel like that here.

I was thankful for that.

After shopping and lunch we went back to the hotel.

We still had quite a lot of time before we had to leave for the game so we sat by the pool.

I swear that was all we pretty much did but hey we're in California that has great weather so why not enjoy it while we have it.

Plus we we're only at this hotel for today and tomorrow then we heads to Anaheim where we had one free day before the game.

Had to say I was gonna miss this when we went back to Toronto.

Jack's POV
So far we had no luck. We had been looking all day and one thing was very obvious.

Ava wasn't here.

Even if she was why would she choose California of all places.

"Your sisters smart, I mean she's 11, she couldn't have gone far" Alex said.

"Thanks for that" I said sarcastically.

"Jack she was with you before she ran away is there any place she mentioned she wanted to go" Mackie asked.

"You think I listen to what she says" I said angrily.

"Jack calm down" Quinn said.

"Calm down, our sister is missing and all you guys are doing is blaming me for it. I already feel bad enough I don't need you to make me feel worse"

I was so done with this.

Everyone blamed me.

It wasn't just my fault though. Sure I didn't care about her but neither did Quinn or Luke so why am I getting blamed for it.

I sat on the sand of the beach.

Our hotel was right near it and it was what I needed to calm down.

"Are you ok" I heard someone say.

I turned to see Luke.

"Yeah" I sighed.

He sat down next to me.

I didn't mind the company. It was better then being alone honestly.

"Do you think Ava's ok" I asked him.

"She's a smart kid, I think she's fine."

I know I freaked out about everyone else blaming me for her going missing but I blamed myself too.

If I had just payed more attention to her this wouldn't have happened.

I honestly think I was more mad at myself then I was anyone else.

I wasn't even mad Ava ran away, I was mad I let her run away without noticing.

"You wanna know something" Luke asked.

I nodded not really caring.

"Even though we didn't care a lot Ava she still cared about us. It's weird because we treated her so badly get she saw beyond that."

He was right.

Ava did love us even if we didn't love her back.

"I know it seems like I don't care about her but she's still my sister," I guess this was kinda my way of apologizing for earlier.

"I know you, she's my sister too Jack and I feel the same way."

"Quinn's pissed at me though and thinks I see her as a piece of trash" I said.

"He's mad because he blames himself Jack. He's the oldest, he's supposed to be the responsible and having Ava missing makes him feel liked he failed the big brother job" Luke explained to me.

I guess I never though of that.

Quinn probably did blame himself. We all did.

In one way or another all three of us were responsible for why she was gone.

She obviously didn't just decide one day she was going to leave.

She had to have planned this out.

If only we actually showed her we cared, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Third person's POV
While Jack and Luke were sat on the sand in front of the water.

Their little sister was at the staples centre. Watching the leafs vs kings game.

She was in the stands with Steph cheering on the boys.

Their cheering definitely did something because the leafs won, 6-2.

Jack wished he could find his sister but he didn't realize she was right there with him.

Only a few doors down, was she staying.

What was even better was tomorrow Jack and the guys were headed to Anaheim where Ava was going to be in 2 days.

Are they going to find each other in Anaheim or will the universe keep them away.