Chapter 9: To forgive a Vampire

†To forgive a Vampire†

Alex couldn't explain it, but she felt his presence in the room even before he announced himself to her. Her eyes were heavy from all the tears she's just cried, and she can bet that they looked red and puffy... What a wreck must she be now.

"Alex..." came out his voice like a cracked whisper even though he wanted to stay imune to the sight of a broken girl infront of him. He wanted to stay strong and intimidating, but with her - it was impossible. She, as his beloved, was the greatest of his weaknesses and he couldn't do anything about that, since the mate-link between them being destroyed, he started watching her as a hawk it's prey. He couldn't let that happen again, for her to be taken before his own eyes again. And he couldn't keep his cool and cold posture. It was impossible... Especially when he knew that the reason she cried and looks so broken is him.

"What?" she asked annoyed by him already, but even with that facade on her face, she was scared by him. But boy, was she doing a better job in hiding her true feeling then him.

"I..." what the hell was he supposed to say? He even forgot the speech he had and the reason of why she cried so hard. He couldn't apologize properly "...are you mad at me?" he finally asked "Do you hate me?"

"I don't..." his breath calmed "I loathe you" she continued making him suck on his breath. That hurt a lot, but he knew that she had a full right to feel like that.

"I guessed" he mused "How can I make it feel better?"

"Leave me alone" she countered immediately. She didn't want to talk to him exposed in such a weak form of his.

"Can't do... I'm afraid that I don't know what you may do if I leave"

"Escape? You made it perfectly clear that I have no vote in my life"

"You do... And I didn't mean on that... You could harm yourself"

"What could I possibly do to compare it with what you did?" she said getting up in the sitting position.

"Kill yourself" was all he said.

"As if..." she mumbled as he sighed. This conversation isn't leading them anywhere.

"Go out with me" he said. Maybe it's too early to apologize, never did he in his whole life apologized to anyone nor will he do such a thing... But then again...

"What?" she asked with disbelief in her voice, he can't be serious, can he? After all that happened he just asked her to go out with him.

"If it will help with your decision, I'll treat you with a dinner" he added quickly.

"There's no way in hell that I'll ever go with you do some dinner!" she yelled. Ow, that stung.

"Alright..." she is different then the most of female humans he approached in his whole life, so maybe he could try something else, "...then what about an ice-cream?" and with that her eyes gleamed as her ears sparked with newfound information. Screw the hatred she had towards him, ice-cream was much better option right now.

"On my way" she said jumping out of the bed.

"Your new clothes are in the wardrobe, put them on" he said and it was then that she realized her being naked in front of him. Well fùck! But she didn't care anymore about him, the only thing that was on her mind now was 'ice-cream', and she'll eat it even if that means to bear with Caine.

"You're weird... I thought that you'll accept the dinner but you became all jumpy when I suggested the ice-cream. Are you even a woman?" he asked her carefully but she was to happy to eat the ice cream to worry about him.