Chapter 11: Explanations with a Vampire

†Explanations with a Vampire†

At the moment, both Caine and Alex were sitting across eachother in his bedroom on his bed.

"You're one of them aren't you?" she almost flinched at the harshness od his voice, but didn't let it show. She knew that he can decide whether to kill her of keep her alive very easily, but she didn't want to show any weakness to him. Alex knew all too well what happens to the first who loses his will to keep fighting, it was like a fighting match. So instead of answering, she shoot a question at him.

"And you marked me, didn't you?" she doubted it for some time now, but didn't want to accept the fact that she'll never be free again.

"I did." was his gruff response "You'd die if I haven't done that." it was a truth. Once marked, a beloved of a vampire will get enough strength to defend herself, the stronger her mate is, the stronger she'll become.

"When was it? When you rescued me after our first meeting?" she asked, it's better to reveal their masks and get over with all of it already.

"Yes. When you were shoot with a bullet after I... Tried to kill you." he said those words with regret and she noticed it I gave you my blood and marked you."

"I see. Now it's my turn to explain, isn't it?" she asked bitting her lip.

"Yes." he sighed "You're one of them?"

"Alne? Yes, I am." she sighed as he slowly closed his eyes and glared in side.

"So, what's your story..." he trailed for her to tell him everything.

"I've been in a slave centar as long as I know of myself. My parents left me there when I was three... Or so I was told." she started and he nodded.

"Where had you been held prison?" he asked.

"Dulcan." she replied "The man that held me was the manager of that place... I... He always used to say that I was his most important treasure... I believe it's because I was an Alne." she continued after a long gulp "He used to sell me to different pureblooods only for me to kill them. I've killed twenty-one so far." she lowered her head in shame. It's Caine's kind after all, he as the king probably knew some of them and was friend with.

"You escaped." he exclaimed "How?"

She sucked on her breath. There was it, a question to awaken memories of Ana. The night when everything changed, the night when the chains bidding her down were broken and she escaped from that hell of a place.

"I... I had a friend there. Her name was Ana and she was like a mother to me. She was also a slave." Alex said and Caine carefully crawled next to her side surrounding her in her lap.

She still couldn't rise her head.

"On my sixteenth birthday, I think it was then but I can't remember since I was held in dark rooms and couldn't make difference between the day and night." she said unsure of her own words "He wanted to... You know to..." she bit her lip "To..."

"Rape you." he finished instead of her.

"Y-yes. Ana found out his plans night before and tried to take me out of that place... I couldn't run fast enough. I had a damaged leg from the fights, and I couldn't run fast enough... He killed her because of that. He caught us." she started crying and Caine gently hugged her trying to calm her down "He sucked her dry infront of me." she continued as she gripped the hem of his shirt. Just the memories of seeing the life slowly leaving Ana's eyes, her blood driving from her neck and him being the one to be responsible for it all were too painful for her to bear with.

"She only tried to protect me..." Alex cried in his chests "Pr-pro-protect me..."

"Shh, it's not your fault." he tried to tell her but she shook her head.

"No, it is! I slowed her down! She... She could have lived if I was faster..."

"You were injured."

"It doesn't matter."

"It does. You should have never been in a place like that. You should have never be injured like that anyway." he moved his arm and put it at her left leg looking for a huge scar, but once he failed to find it he moved to her right one. And there was it, huge scar trailed her whole thigh long.

"See, no one would be able to run with it. It's not your fault." he kissed her forehead after trailing soothing movements across her scar.

"But... But..." she cried and he shoeed in her ears.

"It's fine. I'm sure she's happy that you managed to escape."

"She d-died because of me!" Alex kept yelling, but he only continued trying to soothe her cries and calm her down.

"She bought you time to escape. She did it knowing her chances of survival, so that means that she's not going to regret her death to save you. Don't cry because of that honey."

"She didn't buy time... I didn't run, I simply stayed there watching him killing her and did nothing to try and save her." she sniffed "I did nothing to save her..."

"You were simply scared. No one can blame you for it." he added.

"But..."

"No buts. Don't try to look for an non-existing reason to blame yourself. Move on and live... That's how you'd make her happy as well. For she died for the very same reason." he added. He knew the feeling of blaming himself for someone's misfortune. Blaming his own weakness for not being able to protect his little sister.

"I got mad after he killed her... I stabed his heart and hit him in his head enough to let him unconscious." she said being calmer a bit than few seconds ago "I wish I killed him, but I was too weak... And that's when I escaped." everything that happened after that was a complete blur to her, it was like in one moment she stabbed him and in another she was starting her life in the school. Like nothing ever happened, like there was a pitch blank space between those two events... Like the memories of her escaping were never real...

Now that she thinks of it, it's all strange. She literally can't remember anything.

Someone messed with her memories.

Before she could think of anything else, her head started throbbing her and she screamed in pain clutching it with her both hands. The last think she remembers before her sight got overwhelmed by complete darkness, is a memory of a woman in long white dress with Ana's face standing next to his laying body and Caine shouting her name.

_____________________
Enough with the sweet times, I'm about to throw a bomb at this story
Muhahahahaha
Vote & comment
(wow, it's been a while since I last wrote that)