Chapter 2: Home of a Vampire

†Home of a Vampire†

Caine was sitting in his office.

He took a glass of fresh warm blood, probably some servant gave or his hunters killed their prey they caught last night. Being a ruler of Vampire empire, he was cruel and heartless. He decided to be a teacher just so he could take care of his little sister which was so inlove in human's style of life, but he would never dream of finding his beloved in a very same school. He was cruel, that's for sure. Because of it, no one ever thought that he could have a beloved. Human at least. She shouldn't live, she would be a burden to him so she's better off dead anyway. But why did he save her then? Two days ago when she was shoot, he gave her some of his blood and marked her. Marked... Why the fùck did he do it when he knew it would tie them for eternity! Now there's no chance of him killing her. Every cell in his body will scream 'protect her'. And who the hell is 'he' that want to kill her? Damn was he idiot, allowed to be taken away by his instincts. How he regrets what happened now. How he wish he never came to that school. To be stricter towards his sister and home-school her. So many things he regretted now.
"Fast, get her!" he heard a voices outside his study. What the hell is going on now. He threw the glass in a wall right to him and flashed outside to see what was this commotion all about. And was he surprised.

Alex woke up in a strange room. Everything was red and the curtains were closed. Not that she minded, she will never get used to sun and look at it with the same eyes like before. Being in a dark since your birth has a huge tool in your life. She slowly rose up ignoring the pain in her abdomen and took a better view at her surrounding. It was dark, screaming darkness actually, satin king bed with matching walls and chandelier in the middle of room. A desk near balcony window to her right with a disordered paperwork. There were few doors here so she got to the closest and opened them in hope of finding a way out. Unfortunately, it was bathroom. 'Huge black bathroom with shower and jacuzzi? Who the hell has a jacuzzi I'm their bathroom?!' she wondered. Being unlucky with those door, she went to another and opening it, she saw a wardrobe. Size of her appartment. 'Cliché much' she thought and decided to look at the last door but then realized one thing. She was very, very naked. Seeing this as a chance, she took an oversized shirt from there and then left out to search the place she was currently in. Luckily those were a right door. Her right arm was bandaged as well as her abdomen. So she was shoot after all... Did she get kidnapped? Did he find her? And where the heck is she. Going through the hall she heard few voices and hid behind the wall.

"Who do you think she is? Higness would never bring someone in his house to help, human at least" a feminine voice said and another replied.

"I don't know, maybe she's his beloved, but just the fact of him having a beloved is impossible. He's too cruel to have one. I still wonder why haven't he enslaved human race..." another said. Vampire servants, Alex thought, they have no other things to do then gossiping. Who were they talking about, can that be her? 'No, I'm delusional, I beloved of a vampire? The Satan's spawn has more chance of being kind then me being with a vampire' she thought.

"Do you smell that?" first woman asked.

"Yea, human blood" another answered. Fùck, they found her. Seeing how she has no choice, she started running toward staircase with a two bloodthirsty vampires behind her.

"Guards, fast, get her!" they yelled and immediately a guard appeared infront of her to catch her, but using her healthy arm, she used it to rely her body on it and kick him with her legs. Lucky her to know how to fight... Not like she had other choices, she was forced to fight until one of them died, so she had to learn how to be the one to survive. On the other hand, emerging from his office, Caine was surprised to see his little beloved kicking a thousand years old vampire. No human could even land a blow at them, so this was something he never thought to see. Maybe she's not so weak as he originally thought.

"What the hell is going on?" he yelled stopping them from reaping each other's throat.

"Sir, we found this girl in the hall and we..." a woman started but he interrupted her.

"Decided to chase her, huh? Who the hell gave you permission to hunt my guests or any human in my home?!" he yelled making her flinch "More or less my beloved" he invaded her mind making her bow due to pressure his mind control gave her.

"Master, I apologize, I... I..." she started scared till death.

"Leave it Marie, what's your excuse Claire?" he turned his head at other one.

"Her blood, Sir..." she didn't have to say anything else because he understood her completely, he can't control himself around her bleeding,

"Get away from my eyes!" he finished this conversation and they immediately dissappeared. Now he was face to face with Alex who took fighting stance. There's no way in Hell she's gonna back down now. She is sick of being treated like a slave and she decided to stand her ground infront of everyone.

"That was one damn good kick" a guard, as she though, from earlier said.

"Really Markus, really? Allowed yourself to get beaten by a human girl? Shame yourself" Caine said sighing. Markus is his best friend since childhood... Well, since changing, that is.

"She's not normal human, Caine and we both know it" he told him as Alex gripped her fists harder. The doors to way out were on her right and those two are in heated conversation, this is her opening. Seeing this as a chance, she started running toward them and her wound opened, however she paid no attention to it, she continued running. As she was few feet from the doors, when a strong hands grabbed her waist pulling her back as she collided with hard chests.

"And where do you think you're leaving, sweetheart?" Caine's voice said from beneath her as she felt his minty breath on her neck.

'Damn, why am I so reckless around him' she wondered. She couldn't help but feel secure in his embrace.

"Look, what I did was wrong, can you please let me go now? I promise never to bother you again, heck with it, I will leave this state if you want and never return" she said defeated. He was way too out of her league, it's oblivious that she could never defeat him.

"No, you are to stay here until further. I have no attention of letting my beloved outside bleeding so my enemies could use her to bring me down, so forget about that" he growled at her.

'Well damn, they were talking about me after all. However I have no intention on staying her, I'm escaping with first chance I get' she sighed and he laughed from behind her.

"Good luck sweetheart, entertain me with it" he said in a husky voice sending shiver down her spine. How did he hear her. Why is her body reacting this way?

'What did I get myself in?'