Chapter 27: The Vampires who Survived

Lemme get this short and clear: I was feeling really bad and depressed, šk i haven't updated in a long time

That aside, thus chapter has over 3000+ words as apology, and plot you'll just love :3

But, putting that aside as well - I've finally remembered something important of this chapter, which explains why am I writing it at 5 am xD (maybe it is five in the morning, but meh - my brain works slightly better at night - like 170% better at max)

Quick reminder:

-He's a vamp king - Caine
- She's a werewolf, the extinct one because... Well, werewolf king feared em just like anyone else, so...
-She's pregnant with him
-She's wanted by Luke, who is evil dude of the story
-Her real name is Azriela, Caine calls her "Azra", and she lived under the fake name "Alex" in case you got confused.
-Marcus is his right-hand man, his mate is Saphyr and he is also a hybrid (from ww and vamp) - elemental vampire
-Luke, Marcus and Vladimir are brothers, and Azra thinks that she killed Vlad when forced to (by Luke) when Luke held her captive
-She escaped from Caine because he was an asš, but now she's back

__________________________

†The Vampires who Survived†

Caine couldn't possibly pry away his eyes from his queen the entire night as she laid in his bed. Ever since he got her back just few hours ago he was at peace. It still seemed so surreal that she was really sleeping beside him in his bed with her belly the size of a huge watermelon where his son grew. His offspring, his child and... Is he now considered a pup since his mother is a werewolf? There's no saying which genes are he going to inherit, but then again, those triplets remained vampires with dangerous abilities in their hands which was telling him the most possible outcome with all that.

"C-Caine..." he heard Azriela mumbling in her sleep with a look of distress on het face. He thought that she was having a bad dream which was soon confirmed when she started shaking and panting. Caine guessed that it was probably for the best if he woke her up.

"Azra, wake up," he said while gently shaking her shoulders, "It's okay, I'm here," he continued as he rose his body before leaning closer to her face.

"C-Caine..." she continued, "No, please... Don't... Please, no... Caine, no!!!" she screamed when her eyes opened and she sat up in fear before placing her hands on her belly frantically checking if there were any injuries on it.

"Azra," he said before placing his hands on top of hers, "It's okay, it was just a dream. I'm here, it was just a bad dream," at that, she snapped her head at him noticing his presence in the room. For a second, she wondered if it was all fluke, if she never met him again and he never chose to keep the baby, but the cold hands that somehow still managed to warm her skin on touch were reassuring her that he was real. He was there.

"C-C-Caine... I..." she started, but there were no words she could use to explain how terrified she was.

"I thought... I really had... You killed it," she slowly spoke as her eyes started watering and her voice began to turn into hiccups with each passing second.

"It's okay, whatever you've dreamt of, it was all just a dream," he said as he placed his hand on her back before slowly bringing her closer as he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.