Chapter One

'Free as the air, gentle as a baby's touch, kind as kindness, and lovely.

Now, free to dance for Jesus, to be held, as she wished for her entire life.

Now, gentle is with the gentlest gentleman.
Now, learning kindness from kindness Himself.
Now, loving with loveliness.

Oh that our hearts and minds are shattered entirely with the hole in the depth of our crumbled pieces.
Who can repair shattered hope?

I need you, but your numbered days were shorter than others.

The brightest stars burn the quickest.

You are that star.

You went in a blink.
Blink, blink, blink

No words spoken since.

How can I speak when my darling is gone?
How can I speak when my father has drowned himself to drown out his ever-aching pain?

Even though, even though.

My hope in the Eternal Father, Lover of my soul, of your departed soul, the Binder, the Shepherd, the Friend, the Father in Heaven, my hope has not failed.

Knowing that you are kept for eternity and that I, we, are now the unfortunate ones to be alive on earth.

Still, my heart is broken for the loss, epic, grandeur, loss of my mother, my friend

I will smile yet.
I will live yet.

I will live on free as you were, gentle as you were, kind as you were, lovely as you were.

You left us all with steps to follow, as you followed the One that Was, Is, and Is to come.

I will not neglect the teachings.

We will be together, one sweet day.

I love you, my mommy.
Love, Claudia.'

"Claudia,"

Her teary eyes turned upward and found her sisters watching with eyes that understood her pain.

"S-she, s-" Claudia tried to speak and held her face as she sobbed.

She couldn't speak. Not anymore.

It was far too painful.

Adrian hurried to her side and held her tightly, kissing her soothingly. "I know, Claudia. Please, if you speak, she lives on,"

Eliah watched with a broken heart.

Their voices were identical.

Claudia was the ghost of their beloved mother.

Their mannerisms, smiles, laughter, everything was similar.

It was why she stayed away.

Denise walked hesitantly to Claudia and kneeled beside her. "We love you, Claudia. And we would love for you to speak, but,"

"If it's too much, please, don't torture yourself," Adrian finished her sentence and Denise nodded in agreement.

Eliah turned away from them and wiped her tears.