Disrobing of Draupadi

She had given up as she looked at her surroundings. No one...none of them would help her or for the matter could help her. Dronachary was her last day of hope but his hung down head and his silence was evidence enough that she was all alone in this sabha. If only her husband was here! Her friends the Pandavas would have killed these unrighteous men and how she wished pitamah bhisma could be here. But the sole one she knew who could help her even after being absent was her best friend...the one she loves deeply. The one she loves so purely and so differently that all the remaining love seemed superficial before that. It was Krishna. She folded her hands and began praying .
"Hey govind! U, the preserved of this universe as many consider u to be are the only one who can save my honour today. Its a miserable time govind when a woman has to seek help in order to protect her honour." Saying so she closed her eyes and all of a sudden a series of incidents flashes before her eyes. It was a war scenary where she was sitting down crying for her husband. He was dead.
She opened her eyes In shock and witnessed the strange outcome of her prayer.  Dushasan was lying down on the floor while drona and the rest of the members were astonished and grateful to the gods for saving Draupadi.  Suddenly the door of the sabha was burst opened and entered her husband along with the Pandavas the eldest kaurava prince duryodhan.
"Dushasan!" Duryodhan shouted at the top of his voice while Karn stood there shocked at his wife's miserable condition.
"Today you have crossed all your limitations. You don't deserve to live dushasan!" Parth cried aa he looked at his dear friend with has saree being pulled by dushasan who was now lying down .
"There is nothing left for me to say. I here and now declare war on Hastinapur!" Karn declared his voice stone cold with fury and disgust.
"There is no need for war. I will finish this Duryodhan right here right now." Duryodhan shouted and advanced towards dushasan. However a voice stopped him.
"The war is inevitable. Defeat dushasan in the war and avenge my insult" Draupadi said and left the sabha. She herself didn't know what made her speak that or what pushed her into stopping duryodhan and declaring war whereas only seconds ago had she seen her husband's blood filled body in the kurukshetra. It seemed like a vague memory but there was a huge possibility this was a hint the gods were giving her. Then what made her declare war?! Was it the cold revenge that she coveted so much. Did the revenge of her humiliation made her so cold that she didn't care about the others Any longer. Did it not matter to her anylonger if her husband lived or not?! She knew Karn had no hand in this task yet she couldn't stop herself from loathing all men. A feeling of disgust filled her heart.
Only after reaching Anga did Draupadi finally get flustered. She felt so confused. Why did she declare war?! At the same time she couldnt help but think of her revenge. The Kauravas would see the worst of her. Her husband would avenge the insult she had to go through.
"Panchali..." It was Karn .
"Arya" panchali turned around. His eyes held guilt . Why was he feeling guilty?! He didn't do anything. Why then?
"Panchali I want you to meet someone. This is chitralekha. I married her in mahismati." Karn said jad from behind him appeared a beautiful woman . Draupadi was stunned. Not as her husband had remarried but because she had chosen the worst time to break this news to her. She kept on looking at Karn with a disbelief in her face. He really didn't care about her, did he? She had just been humiliated ths worst way possible and here he was introducing her to his second wife. She didn't know what to do. She simply picked up the vase near her and flung it towards them.
Karn was taken aback and so was his new bride.
"Leave before I turn you both into ashes!" She spat her eyes burning with fire .
Chitralekha rushed out of her chamber while Karn was still looking at his wife regretting his wrong timing.
"Panchali I had to share this with you. It was troubling my inner peace. I tell everything to you" Karn said not knowing how selfish he actually sounded .
"What about my peace?! U got married while a man was disrobing me and at the time when I require the most consoling you prepare to tell me that you have a second wife now. Well congratulations Angraj Karn! " Draupadi shouted and left his chamber and a few moments later a daai came And informed that the queen wanted to rest alone in her chamber tonight.
"Are you crazy? You seriously revealed your second marriage at this moment? What has gotten into you bhrata??!! Why would you ever say this at this time?! " Arjun asked understanding draupadi's grief.
Karn couldn't face anyone. Only later had he realised how selfish he had acted. Draupadi was in desperate need of his support at that point.
"Maharaj! Maharaj! Angrani has left the place leaving behind this letter!" A dasi informed Karn .
Duryodhan and Arjun who were present in his chamber were shocked beyond akta but Karn... he was shocked but more than that he was sad. He was guilty. He quickly ran towards his wife's chamber.
A scroll was lying on her bad along with her ornaments...her mangalsutra ... And his sindoor.
Dear Karn
I feel extremely useless at this point in my life. It seems I am nothing less than an object as you have presumed. Its a relief you have chitralekha now. It frees me from all my responsibilities and attachments. I wish you both a very happy married life. Don't try to trace me. I have decided what to do with my life. I sont want any revenge. Neither do I expect you to risk your life for my sake. I had loved you but after all these events I am not sure whether that love resides or haa persisted with time.
Yours Yagyaseni .
Karn could feel the teara accumulated in her eyes flowing down his cheeks.

Heya guys!!! I have updated most of my stories and I am here with a new storyyy. What happens when two brown people meet each other and find love. What's even stranger is they don't belong to the same time zones. They belong to different eras. What will happen when Angraj Karn falls in love with the kaliyug girl Chaitali. Will chaitali, being a single mother ever be accepted in the dwapar yug? Here's a small glimpse of my book:

Karn couldnt believe his eyes when he saw her for the first time. She looked so beautiful and familiar. Where had he seen her.
The woman looked at her her eyes filled with bewilderment. She looked at him as if she had seen a ghost.
"Aryan" She whispered as she continued looking at Karn.
"Pappa! Pappa! Mumma you said Pappa will  not return for a long time! Here he is!" A baby boy shouted jumping up and down. The woman continued looking at Karn strangely.
The boy then ran towards Karn amd hugged him tightly.
"You wont leave us alone again, right?" He questioned in a pleading manner.
Karn was still looking at the boy's mother. Where had he seen her?! Suddenly it clicked! He had seen her in his dreams! She was the mysterious lady who visited him in his dreams every day!
"I promise I will never leave you both alone again" Karn said as he pulled the boy in his arms his gaze still focusing on the woman.

 Where had he seen her?! Suddenly it clicked! He had seen her in his dreams! She was the mysterious lady who visited him in his dreams every day!"I promise I will never leave you both alone again" Karn said as he pulled the boy in his arms his gaz...