9. Act your age Part 2

4999 Words

    I have never really seen someone louse it before. I've read about it in books. I have seen it on tv or in the movies. But in reality, in front of me. Never. Until today. My dad lost it. What IT was that he lost? Well that's simple. He lost his mind. Ranting and raving about how he was being kidnapped. And "How dare you take me. You owe me your lives. I saved every one of you." And so on. His tie-rate lasted a good 30 minutes. In there he fired everyone. Cussed up a storm. And something about he's the only one that could save everyone. And "How dare you stop the work I'm doing".

    Have you ever heard the saying "I'm going to knock some cents in to you"? Well my dad didn't need "some cents". He needed dollars.

    For the first minute or so, I was stunned and couldn't move. I had already been sat down in the grass so I could walk around if I wanted to. This area was safe. After that, tears were coming from my eyes streaming down my face because of all the hurtful things my dad was saying. But then my brain kicked in and I really saw what was happening.

    All the guys stood in a circle around my dad. There hands were behind there backs like they were new recruits. They were just taking it. They didn't get upset. They just stood there. Their faces were blank like a mask. Like they were expecting this. Or at least something like this to happen. I knew my dad liked to be in control. But not a control freak like this. This was just to much.

    Then I saw something new. Wolf was between me and my dad so he couldn't see what I saw. One of Wolf's fingers were tapping, like he was impatient. But I knew Wolf. He wouldn't do anything unless he meant to. I focused harder on his finger. There was a pattern to it. Not random at all. It was mores code. He was telling me to stand up and act my age. I didn't know what he wanted me to do at first. But then it hit me. Act my age. I'm 1 year old and there's a fight right in front of me. What would a 1 year old do in this situation? Cry? Or at least get really upset. But I'm also a 15 year old too. Hold I yell at him to stop abusing people? And not just people, but our friends, our family.

    Husky was on the other side of the circle and could see when I got up. His face mask cracked just for a second. But I knew that Wolf and the others would have seen it. Now they all knew I was on my way to do something. I don't really know why, but I saw something in my dad's face. He was looking even better. More healthy then when we left the house. Even this tie-rate was helping him for some reason. But it had to come to na end. These guys didn't deserve the tung lashing that they were getting. And I knew this was all my fault, not there's.

    I still didn't know what I should do. But, if they were going to get in trouble, then so was I.

    I stood up and walked to the circle. I went between Wolf and Bull. I took an extra step closer to my dad then the others. I looked straight at him and put my arms behind my back just like they did. The tears still stained my face as new ones fell. I couldn't keep a mask on my face like the others did. But I did try. My dad noticed when I entered the circle. That's when he took a step back and closed his mouth.

    A little, crying one year old, that looked like a black cat tail and all, with a pacifier in his mouth, stared my dad down.

    He took another step back and stumbled right in to Bear. He turned and almost jumped when he saw Bear. Then he looked around and finally noticed that he was surrounded. He turned his head back and forth finally realizing he was in a circle with his son. If these guys wanted to, they could take him down with ease. But, they didn't move. Not one inch.

    He finally looked at me again and saw the tears rolling down my face. And that's when, his face crumbled. The anger was gone, but the sadness was there. I looked at Bull and patted his leg so he would look down at me. When he did I put up 2 fingers. He cracked a smile, but just for a second. Then he said "Rule 2. You will be treated the age you act. Or choose to act." Everyone could see my dad turn bright read.