15: sunsets + your favorite things

hey guys

The song team by Lorde helped me write this chapter. Listen to the song during the bike ride scene  <3

Amanda

"Can you ride a bike?" Brian asked me on one of our many autumn encounters together.

He lay on his bench, whilst I sat in the grass below his porch surrounded by autumn leaves.

"I'm seventeen."

Brian sat up on his elbows.

"I didn't ask how old you were Amanda James, I asked if you could ride a bike!"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes! I can."

"Cool", he stood up." wait here."

Minutes later he came out with two bikes. One was blue, and one was silver.

"Dude." I stood up and helped him.

"Dude" he mimicked me, then passed me the silver bike.

"Brian, we are not riding these."

"Yes, we are!"

"Why are you so spontaneous?"

He shrugged and sat on the bike. "Why not?"

I raised my eyebrow.

He smiled.

"Get on the bike, Amanda James."

I did as he said, and sat on it, clumsily sliding my feet through the pedals. It had been a while since I'd ridden a bike, so I had to remember how to do it right.

"You okay there?" Brian smirked, clearly amused by this.

I rolled my eyes at his stupid smirk, then moved my eyes back down to my feet.

"I hate you."

"Cool story bro."

Suddenly, the blonde boy began riding off.

"Brian!", I exclaimed. "Wait!"

"Come on Amanda James!"

"Hang on!" I laughed and started to ride the bike too.

We began to ride down the slope of our road. I looked down at my feet as they pushed the pedals, and gained control.

"You got it?"

"Yeah, I got it!"

"Good. Keep up with me grandma."

"You're so annoying!"

As we got to the main road, I got the hang of it. It was like reliving my childhood days when I first rode a bike on my own. No stabilizers, no parents, just me and freedom.

"Wait up!", I called to Brian.

Brian chuckled. "You're so slow!"

"Shut up!", I caught up behind him so we were closer.

He looked back at me shortly and smiled.

All I could see was the behind of Brian's blonde head, as he rode his bike and the autumn scene that surrounded us.

As we rode through the city, the fall leaves made noise underneath our wheels. The sunset was close, as the colors pink, and orange appeared in the sky.

I looked up in the air and smiled.

The city was so pretty, and I was a part of it.

Brian rode with such ease. It was clear he had done this before, I honestly had no idea where we were going, but I didn't care.