22: incapable of love

Jessica Taylor was pretty.

She knew it.

And everyone at school knew it.

From the moment Jessica understood her reflection, and what people liked about it, she made a vow to herself.

Don't change the way you look.

If there was something someone said - a comment as small as the unevenness of her hair, she'd fix it. Because she wanted to be perfect.

When she met Brian, and they got together, Jessica was sure she had found just that. After all, the most popular boy in school was with her, so clearly she was the most gorgeous girl, and she had it all.

The perfect appearance, the perfect boyfriend, and the perfect life balance.

But, when Brian and Jessica ended it, she couldn't understand what was wrong.

Immediately she assumed it was her. But now they were starting again, and she was sure they'd be okay this time.

"You're early."

Jessica had a smile on her pink lips as she saw Brian Mckenzie on her doorstep.

Brian looked at Jessica in her Victoria's Secret gown.

"Oh," he blushed. "I know, it's just...I didn't wanna wait around."

"It's okay. I'm glad you are."

Brian smiled.

"Well, come in."

"Thanks." the blonde boy walked inside the house.

She closed the door behind him.

"Are your parents not home?" Brian took off the Ralph Lauren scarf around his neck.

Jessica shook her head and kindly put his scarf on the bannister.

"Nope. Just us. Why?"

"Just wanted to say hello."

"Oh. Well, they won't be back until tomorrow."

"Sweet."

Suddenly a big grey cat appeared.

"Oh, hey sandy." Brian bent down petting the animal. "You think she remembers me?"

"It hasn't been that long," Jessica smirked.

Brian stood tall.

"True."

"Shall we go upstairs?"

"Sure."

Jessica held his hand, as they walked up, into her room.

"Make yourself comfortable."

"Thanks."

"Would you like a drink?" she referred to the alcohol on her dresser, beside two glasses.

"Um, actually I'm okay."

Brian sat on the edge of her bed and awkwardly placed his hands on his knees.

Jessica walked over and stood in front of him. "I've been thinking about you all day."

Brian smiled nervously.

"I-I've been thinking about you too."

"So...are you ready?"

"Yeah. Are you?"

She nodded.

"I have been for a long time."

Brian watched as Jessica took off her gown, and revealed a lace pink bra and silk shorts underneath.