1| You have to be Joking

I hate school so much honestly

I hate school so much honestly. Girls going around acting like bitches because they have heaps of money. I mean I have a good amount but I don't do that. Nope. I am the one getting bullied every day and I have no clue why I haven't fought back or something. I guess I just wanna keep the peace or some shit. I would have no clue. I sigh and get out of my car.

"Mom! I'm home!!" I yell closing the front door behind me.

My mom comes out of the kitchen with a smile on her face. "Hey, honey. We are expecting some people here but I need to tell you something first."

My mom suddenly gave off a vibe that made me suspicious. I sit down at the kitchen island and she starts saying that we have some people staying here with us because they are moving back to town. She was just about to tell me who they were but the doorbell rang. She told me to be nice which got me super scared. I get up and follow her. She opens the door and I nearly die of shock. I feel like I'm seeing a whole lot of ghosts and I am not liking it. None other than Kaden Knight was standing at my doorstep with his amazing mom.

You have got to be joking.

"Veronica, Kaden. So nice to see you." My mom exclaims, inviting them in.

I was just shocked. Everyone goes into the living room and then I ask the question that has been on my mind for a while but I was beaten to it.

"Um, can someone please explain to me what is going on here?" Kaden asks, confused.

"When I told Arielle that we are moving back to town she was overjoyed and had offered to help us move and settle in. But a huge business trip has come up and so then she suggested that you can stay here with Melody and catch up over the next few months and maybe unpack a little until we get back." Veronica explains.

There was no way in hell I was sharing a house with 'I am suddenly going to start ignoring you and pretend you are no longer my friend' over there. I was just shocked and choked on air, causing me to start spluttering.

"Okay, so you are saying I have to share a house with him until you get back," I say, finally composing myself.

The ladies nod. "The bedroom next to Mel's is all made up for you Kaden. Now we have to go because our plane is taking off soon. I wish we were here longer but we really need to get going."

And with that, they were rushing out the door, leaving me shocked and stunned. I never saw that coming. I look over at Kaden who just stares at me.

"Ya good?" I ask, raising my brows, causing him to smirk. "Wipe that stupid look off your face Kaden before I do it myself."

"Um, what just happened?" Kaden then says.

"Well, our crazy mothers just left on a business trip, trusting that you and I aren't gonna kill each other and that we won't burn the house down."

I then get up and go up the stairs to my room. Once it's shut my mind is going crazy. He has never looked better. I mean the way his straight jet black hair just falls perfectly and his sun-kissed skin, which knowing him, is covered in tattoos. I fall on my bed and sigh. Then something else came into my head. Brayden and Tyler. They were also in our friend group but they didn't decide to turn their backs on me. We were still in touch when they also moved. Did they move back too? I shake my head and go to have a shower and change.