12| Hurt all over again

This morning was going completely fine

This morning was going completely fine. Sure, I attacked Tyler but oh well. But he ruined it. Why was he even here? I stood frozen, my foot felt like they were cemented to the ground. I glanced over at Kaden who looked visibly tense. I could tell he was trying hard to pound him to pulp. He was trying to hold it all together because of me.

"Aww, Melly I'm hurt that you don't have anything to say to your brother." He says, a sickly smile on his face.

I finally find my voice. I get over my shock, anger coursing through my body. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I sneer.

"Well, I haven't seen you in so long and I thought I would come and say hi. Besides, Dad and I are moving back to town and I can reassure you, little sis, I have not forgotten the address to our house."

"It was never our house. It's mine. It has never been yours and never will be Damien so just leave. I don't know why all of a sudden you two have moved back to town because I remember quite clearly that when you left, you said you hated the town and that you would never be caught back here."

I didn't realize that I had tears running down my face until Kaden brought me to his chest, wiping the tears off my face. I turned into his chest and cried my heart out. Damien and my dad caused so much pain and suffering in my life and my mom's. It was always Kaden and the boys that were there for me and Kaden's parents would always try to comfort my mom. Everything he did to me and my mom comes flashing into my mind. The hits, abuse, the harsh words. Everything. This caused me to cry even harder. Kaden's comforting arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer in a protective manner.

"Looks like to me, you have finally gotten a boyfriend you little whore. What number is this one dear sister." I hear Damien say.

"You stay the fuck away from her or I swear Damien, I will pound you so hard into the floor, you will end up in a hospital for a good while," Kaden says, his voice dark, low, and filled with anger and rage; making the threat 10 times scarier.

"Well it's nice you haven't changed Kaden. Still so protective of Melody."

Kaden looks down at me, his face cold, it honestly scared me. I pulled myself away from my brother and to the back of the school. I then heard the bell ring, meaning that classes have started.

"Are you okay Melody?" Kaden asks, his voice going back to the soft tone that I am used to. I nod, and his jaw clenches. "No lying."

I sigh. "I'm scared, Kaden. The minute I see his face, I see everything that he did, hear everything he said. It's all coming back to me and it scares me!" I cry.

Kaden pulls me back into his arms. "It's okay. He's not going to get to you. Ever. I will always be here for you Mel. I'm not going anywhere. Not again."

I nod against his chest and close my eyes, taking in his comforting scent. After a while, we finally decide to go back inside the school and now we were late for class. To be honest I didn't really care. Kaden held my hand and I swung our locked hands back and forth, a small smile forming on my face as he looks at me in pure amusement. I was starting to feel better. We walked into math, completely ignoring the teacher's cries of protest. We sat in the corner and I took out my notebook and a pen and started to draw little pictures on lined paper. I then gave Kaden a spare pen and pushed the book so it was between us. A small smile was on his face as he shook his head but added to the masterpiece.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It has been a week since my brother decided to show up. He hasn't talked to me since Monday when I first saw him at school which I am thankful for. However, there has been a lot of bullying on my end. Kaden got in two fights and was told that if he got into another, he would be suspended or even expelled. That honestly had me worried. He needed to stop getting in fights with people because they have me a hard time, but I also feel warm inside because he was defending me.

I was walking down the halls when I hear a family voice yell out my name. I turned around and saw Brayden running after me.

"Brayden what's wrong?" I ask concern lightly grazing my tone.

"It's Kaden. He's bashing up the boy's bathrooms. If someone hears him. Well, he's gonna get kicked out and who knows what his mom will do." Brayden says, slightly out of breath.

"Well, what am I supposed to do?" I ask helplessly.

"You are the only one that is gonna be able to calm him down and get him in the right frame of mind again. You know that."

Unfortunately, Brayden was right. Before I could respond he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the set of toilets Kaden was currently smashing. I took a breath before I pushed open the heavy door and walked in. My nose scrunched slightly at the stench of the bathroom. I looked around to see it was a mess. There were mirrors shattered, tiny bits of red on some of the shards. Doors were broken to the stalls and there were a few holes in the walls. I then saw someone gripping the sink, their back rising and falling fast and heavy.

"Kaden?" I quietly say, not wanting to make him more angered anymore than he already is. He doesn't move. "Kaden," I say a little more sternly and confident.

I sigh and walk up to him, carefully placing my hand on his back. I felt his body tense before he turned around and saw it was me. His face was dead cold. Not one ounce of emotion. Nothing. I looked down to see his knuckles busted and were bleeding. I look back at him. I see that his face hasn't changed. He just wore that blank expression. He shook his head and walked past me, not saying anything to me. I felt tears well up behind my eyes but I desperately pushed them away. I walked out of the bathroom and got in my car and drove off. Kaden can get a ride home from the boys.

As soon as I got home I went to my room and cried my soul out. After half an hour of crying, I received a horrible headache. Groaning, I went into my bathroom and took a nice long hot bath. I sat in my bath, leaning back and closing my eyes. I needed this relaxation after everything that has been happening.