13| I'm sorry

I groan and turn around, falling off the couch on which I must have fallen asleep

I groan and turn around, falling off the couch on which I must have fallen asleep. I get up off the ground, walk slowly to the kitchen, and fill a glass with water. I gulped it down, savoring the cool liquid falling down my dry throat. It was Saturday. Kaden never came home yesterday and I was super worried. I didn't know where he was and whether he was okay or not. With a sigh, I look at the time and see it's 8 in the evening. I must have slept all day today. I walked up to my room and took a shower. After my shower, I slipped into something more comfortable. I took out a large sweater and some black leggings.

Pulling them on, I head down out of my room and head down to the living room, flopping onto the couch

Pulling them on, I head down out of my room and head down to the living room, flopping onto the couch. With a sigh, I look at my phone to see that there were still no texts or anything from Kaden. Tears, settled in my eyes as I started to think of the worst.

What if he didn't want to be with me anymore?

What if he was hurt?

As more and more thoughts overtook my mind, tears began to stream down my face uncontrollably. I was finally broke from my horrid thoughts with a knocking coming from the back glass sliding door. Wiping away my tears, I walk over slightly confused. When I open the door and turn on the light, I see a beaten and bloodied Kaden standing there.

"Oh my god, Kaden," I say, grabbing onto his arm and bringing him inside the house. "What happened."

Kaden shrugs. All the anger I was having towards the irritable teenager was coming back. I didn't say anything else to him. I guided him to the kitchen where he sat on the stool while I went o grab a first aid kit. Finding one under the sink. I take it over and start getting things out. I take out of the rubbing alcohol, a few cotton buds, and two wrapped bandages. I then grab a bowl and fill it up with warm water and take it over also with a rag. Still keeping quiet, I start taking in his appearance and try and decide where I was going to start first. He had cuts and bruises on his face, his knuckles busted open, but they looked fresh and by the looks of how he was sitting, his stomach is probably bruised.

Deciding to tend the smaller cuts first, I grab the rag and dip it in the warm water, wiping all the dried blood off his face. I then pour some rubbing alcohol on one of the cotton buds and start cleaning the cuts. He winced a couple of times but honestly, right now I didn't care I was causing him pain. I then turn my attention to his knuckles, repeating the process of cleaning them. I then wrapped the bandages around his knuckles because they were busted pretty bad.

I packed everything up before giving him an ice pack for his stomach and some painkillers. I grabbed my phone and went upstairs to my room shutting my door. Once it was shut, I couldn't keep it in anymore and broke down in tears. I guess I was more upset than angry, to be honest. I lay on my bed, letting my tears silently fall down the sides of my cheeks and onto my pillow. After 15 minutes of silently crying I hear a knock on my door. I don't say anything, knowing exactly who it is. Kaden opens my door, before closing it behind him. He sits on my bed and runs his hand over my legs. Silent sobs escaped my mouth as he attempted to try and calm me down.

"Mel please talk to me." He pleads.

I look at him, desperation in his eyes. Not an emotion I see often. I sit up. "What do you want me to say, Kaden? You walked past me at school yesterday, you didn't come home. You didn't text or call or anything. I didn't know if you were okay or not. You had me worried. You really hurt me."

My voice was shaky and laced with tears. I turn to look at the ground, tears still falling. This is where he tells me he doesn't want to be around me again. Flashbacks of how our friendship went down the toilet flashed in my mind. With every moment I remember, tears rushed faster and faster down my face. Memories of my brother and my dad started flashing in my mind.

Strong, familiar arms wrap around me, making me feel safe. Without even thinking, I turn into his chest and sob, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Don't leave me again please," I say into his chest.

His hands run up and down my back. "Melody, I told you I was never leaving you again." He places a kiss on my forehead.

"It's all coming back. You yelling at me and leaving me, Damien, hitting me. Everything."

Kaden stopped his calming movements. I look up at him, wiping my tears with my hand. He had a pained look in his eyes. One I haven't seen in a long time. He leans his head down on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry Mel. I didn't mean for any of this to happen." His voice is quiet and vulnerable.

"I know. I'm sorry for getting so upset." I say, rubbing his back, repeating what he did for me just moments ago.

After a while he moves away, looking at me, an unsure look on his face. This is when my overthinking side starts to kick in. Oh my god, he is going to break up with me.

"Are you gonna umm break up with me now?" I quietly ask, fidgeting with my fingers.

He stares at me shocked. "Mel, why on earth would I break up with you?" I shrug my shoulders, still looking down. Kaden moves closer and pulls me onto his lap. "Melody, I love you. I will only love you. nothing will ever change that." Kaden wraps his arms around me.

"I love you too Kaden," I say, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Come on let's get some sleep."

Kaden picks me up in his arms and pulls down the covers to my bed. He then places me down on the bed and climbs in next to me. He pulls the covers over us and grabs me, pulling me close. He rests his head on my chest and I run my hands through his hair.

"Yesterday, I was so angry at everyone that I kind of just broke. Your brother also got on my nerves. So I went to the bathroom to put some water on my face and cool down when I got who I am fighting next week and the week after. When I saw who they were I blew." Kaden said quietly.

"Resulting you destroying the majority of the boy's toilets," I say with a small laugh.

"Yeah. I really am sorry Melody." Kaden looks up at me.

"I know. And I forgive you. Who are you fighting?"

Kaden's breathing becomes slightly faster. "Andrew and Damien."