8th Encounter

Heaven couldn't contain her happiness. It felt like her heart was about to explode from her chest as she stared at the peaceful sea in front of her.

The cold air brushed against her skin as she watched the sun rise in the east. It was so beautiful. Another sunrise, another new beginning. 

She felt at peace. She was smiling to herself when she felt a soft fabric touch her bare shoulders, and when she looked up, she was welcomed by Kane's warm smile.

"You're up early." "He said as he sat beside her.

She smiled at Kane. "Good Morning." She said.

Kane smiled at her and stared at the sun rising in the east. "Beautiful." He whispered.

Heaven nodded her head and stared at the sun. "A golden moment indeed. A moment when vibrant and warm colors fill the sky, signaling a brand-new day"

They're at the rest house owned by her previous employer. Kasama din nila ito dahil naisip ng mag-asawa na magbakasyon. The place was very peaceful and cozy.

"Want to take a walk with me?" Kane asked as he offered his hand to her, which she gladly took.

He helped her to stand up and they walked side by side. She's been working for Kane for six months now, and he's been nothing but good to her.

They kissed a lot, so she already mastered it. But of course, she's still blushing every time they kiss.

"Was the other heaven beautiful?" He asked.

Heaven nodded her head as she looked up and stared at the sky. "It was magnificent. There's nothing on Earth that could be compared to Heaven. There... there's no room for sadness, pain, doubts, regrets... it's just happiness and peace. " She answered. 

KANE was looking at her while she was talking, and he could clearly see the longing in her eyes. He felt sorry for her, but at the same time, he was thankful that she was human and he could love her. Yes, he loves her.

It took him a while to realize that he had been waiting for her to come back all these years. It took him a while to accept that what he felt for her in the past eleven years was not only curiosity but also longing. He longed to see her beautiful face again and hear her angelic voice that sent him comfort every time he was in pain.

But he couldn't tell her that he had feelings for her. He didn't want to scare his angel.

"Are you hungry? It's already eight in the morning. Let's go?" Pag-aya niya sa dalaga na bumalik na sa rest house nila Zen.

They walked side by side hanggang sa makarating sila sa bahay kung saan naabutan niya si Zen na nagluluto ng almusal. Lihim siyang napangiti ng makita itong niluluto ang mga paborito ng asawa nito na pagkain kapag umaga.

Gulo-gulo pa ang buhok nito at halatang bagong gising.

"Sir Zen ako na po ang magluluto." Pagpiprisinta ni Heaven na lumapit dito.

Zen smiled at Heaven as he shook his head. "Salamat pero ako na bahala dito. I want to cook for my wife every morning so let me do it. Hindi ako sanay na iba ang nagluluto ng almusal niya." Anito.

Napailing na lamang siya. His friend was head over heels in love.