14th Encounter

Kane's life revolved around his office, house, and clubs. His brother and his friends were all married, and he was the only one without his own family.

He always works overnight and spends his rest days in clubs or drowning himself in alcohol when he's at his house. He has no other things to do aside from those things.

He has no one who can make him feel incomplete. Ever since he lost Heaven, he felt like his entire life would never be complete again.

He lost a part of himself when the woman he loved left him just like that. No words, no warning, no other explanation.

Kane sighed.

Gusto niyang makita ang mga pamangkin pero wala ito sa bansa. Matapos ang kasal ng kapatid niya ay lumipad ang mga ito patungong Switzerland.

Sila Terron naman ay nasa America ngayon habang sila Zen ay nasa Spain. In short, wala siyang kaibigan na mapupuntahan ngayon.

His mother always called him to ask how he was doing. Of course, he would tell her that he's doing well.

There's just no way that he would tell her that her son was far from being okay.

Matanda na ang ina niya at ayaw na niya na problemahin pa siya nito. She spent her life taking good care of him and securing his future. The least thing that he could do for her was not to worry her while she's in another part of the world.

It was an ordinary day for Kane. After work ay diretso na siya sa bahay at iinom hanggang makatulog.

But on his way home, Kane was feeling uneasy. It was like something big is coming his way. Kung ano iyon? Wala siyang ideya.

He was careful while driving. He was taking all the time in the world to think about his life while driving.

Naisip niyang magpa-therapy na dahil lumalala na ang drinking habits niya pero hindi niya alam kung paano ioopen sa isang therapist ang mga problema niya.

Paano niya ipapaliwanag na nagmahal siya sa isang totoong anghel. Baka isipin lamang nito na nababaliw na siya.

It was almost 11 PM when he reached home. He stopped his car in front of the gate when he saw something in front of his house.

There was a basket in front of his gate. Someone must have left it earlier. It wasn't there when he went to work this afternoon.

Dali-dali siyang bumaba ng sasakyan upang kuhanin iyon at alisin sa daraanan niya para maipasok ang sasakyan sa gate. He was tired from work and his mind was in chaos and he badly wanted to just rest, which makes doing stuff like this, because other people were not responsible enough to keep the basket, annoying to him.

He carried the basket away from the gate. It was heavy, which means there might be some stuff inside.

Kung sino man ang nakaiwan nito ay panigurado na natataranta na ngayon maghanap.

Kane tsked. He was about to leave the basket in the corner and go back to his car when he noticed a little movement inside it.

He stood there and stared at the basket for a minute. He didn't touch it and just waited for another movement, but there was none, so he thought he was just seeing things.

But just when he was about to completely leave the basket, something inside it moved again.

"Did someone leave a chicken in front of my house?" Tanong niya sa sarili.

He grabbed the blanket covering what was inside the basket to check it.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing. He couldn't move his feet, and his forehead was creased.