15th Encounter

Heaven had been crying for hours since she left Kane after he proposed. It wasn't the easiest thing to do because she loved him more than anything in the world.

She wants to be with him so badly. She would do anything just to be with him if she had the choice, but she doesn't.

She cannot be with him.

Their love shouldn't even start in the first place.

But she loves him with all her heart.

"Maybe I should go back, Nathan. He might be looking for me. I—I need to go and see him—"

"Heaven, stop!"

She was like a kid sulking in the corner as she hugged her knees and cried her heart out.

Why is life so cruel to her and Kane? Why can't they be happy like normal couples?

Right, because she's not normal.

"I miss him, Nathan. It's been only a few hours and I already feel like I am dying. " She said as tears fell from her eyes.

Nathan sat beside her and tapped her shoulders.

"I'm sorry this happened to you. Trust me, I also want you to be happy, but God has other plans for you. " He spoke.

"I—I was a good angel, right? I did what I was instructed. I accepted my punishment, but why? Why am I still getting punished after I lost my wings? Wasn't that enough punishment for me? "

Hindi maiwasan ng dalaga na isipin na pinagkakaitan siya ng langit.

Kane had been her only reason to feel happy after she lost her wings and Heaven closed its door for her.

But now she has to stay away from him—from the man that she loved the most.

*** FLASHBACK ***

"Stay away from the human that you saved eleven years ago."

Heaven was very confused as to why Nathan would ask her to stay away from Kane.

"Why? What are you talking about, Nathan?" Naguguluhang tanong niya dito.

"You two shouldn't be together, Heaven." Anito na mas lalong nagpagulo sa isip niya.

"I don't understand. Why can't we be together? I am not an angel anymore. I am not his guardian anymore. I am human now, and he's human. What's wrong with that? "

Nathan appears to be troubled about answering her questions, but Heaven will not let it go. Why would her friend show up just to tell her to stay away from Kane?

She needs an explanation because it was pointless for her.

"Do you love him?" asked Nathaniel.

And Heaven wasn't hesistant to answer. She nodded her head.

"Yes. I do. "

"Are you willing to do anything to save him?" He asked again.

Heaven's forehead creased. "Please enlighten me. I am so confused now, Nathan. "

Nathan let out a loud breath.

"He's dying." Anito na hindi kaagad nag-sink in sa kaniya. "... And it's because of you."

A deafening silence enveloped the two of them.

Heaven couldn't fathom what Nathaniel told her. How is she killing Kane?

"H—how? I mean... W—what did I do? "

Nathaniel held her hands.

"You're no longer his guardian angel, Heaven. You're his curse now. If you stay with him... his death was inevitable. "