Memories

Kakashi POV
I was sitting under a sakura tree in one of the training fields. I could hear the arguing of my students in the background. It amazed me how they could go from talking about the scientific name of a tomato to yelling about how gravity does or doesn't work. I thought about what Naruto had said when I first called him " my son of the battle field".

-Flashback-

Kakashi and Naruto where in one of the training fields having a one on one training session that Naruto requested for.

Kakashi: Naruto you've gotten better with your training.

Naruto: I got it from you Kashi Sensei!

Naruto said, grinning stupidly.

Kakashi: Well then I guess I should call you my son of the battle field.

Naruto: Sensei I have a question.

Kakashi: Go on.

The Hatake raised an eyebrow at his student.

Naruto: Why do you care so much about me and Sakura and Sasuke?

Kakashi sighed deeply.

Kakashi: Naruto. . . There is something that everybody learns in life. Something that I had learned at far too young a age and so did you. It's that life was meant to be spent with people you love. When those people get taken away from you you realize how sad life can be. If you do not let other people comfort you and ultimately replace that persons spot in your life and instead hide, scared of feeling that pain again, you start to feel numb. You kind of drift away from your body. Your still alive but just. . . empty. I was like that for a very, very, long time. Eventually I realized that even if you lose the people you made memories with doesn't mean you can't make new ones. That's why I care so much. Think about it this way. If love and happiness was some sort of tower then I would being building the first layer of your tower by spending time with you. That would be the base of your life, giving you something to build off of and continue on so that even when I eventually die and move on to the next world, you'll still have a part of me with you.

Naruto: That's . . . very deep Kashi Sensei.

Kakashi: I guess that's one way to put it.

Kakashi said, giving Naruto one of his famed smiles as they continued to train.