V

29 December 2016

Taehyung trembled worse than a leaf as he stared at the door of the bathroom in which he had locked himself in an unexplainable terror. 

Jeongguk had lost his job and was now beyond any stage of anger that any human could ever be associated with. 

Taehyung wasn't surprised that Jeongguk lost his job. In fact, he was surprised that he had retained that decent job for so long when he went to work drunk or high more than half of the time. 

Still, knowing he was Jeongguk's personal stress-reliever made Taehyung sprint to the bathroom and lock himself in to save himself. Jeongguk had looked like a madman when he opened the main door for him, after all. The man was drunk, jobless and mad. 

And Taehyung was terrified. 

Scratch that, he was beyond terrified. He was scared for his life. He knew something very bad was going to happen for sure. His gut told him so. 

His burnt hand still remained useless as it hurt to even move it, especially as he had no first aid or ointment for it, but he still tried to call his brother with his other hand. 

He knew he couldn't talk and that if he had to communicate, he had to go to the texts, but this was dinner-time for his brother. If he texted him, his brother would see the text after an hour or so and Taehyung didn't have that time. Jeongguk was already banging on the door. 

Operating the phone with a single hand, especially when it was trembling like an aftermath of an earthquake, was impossible. The phone dropped to the floor in seconds. Still, he didn't waste a second. He crouched down and letting the phone remain on the floor, he quickly video-called his brother. 

His brother took some time to answer, and when he finally did, there was Junha peeking from behind, but Taehyung neither had the time nor the mind to think of that. "HELP!! HELP ME, PLEASE!!" he mouthed quickly, hoping desperately that his brother would understand him. 

"Help?! Tae, what's going on?! Where are you?!" Seokjin asked, his eyes blown out wide. In seconds, Namjoon appeared on the screen as well, looking scared. 

A particularly loud bang shook the bathroom door and Taehyung's terrified gaze whipped to the door and then back to the phone, this time with large tears falling out of his eyes as he trembled. He supposed Jeongguk was trying to open the door using his shoulder power. The man was strong, after all. Taehyung didn't know how much longer the door would stand against his force. 

He brought his good hand up to his hair and pulled at them frantically as he cried, mouthing 'help, please help, I'm scared' desperately. 

"Joon, call Yoon-oh, you are talking to him already?" Seokjin turned to face Taehyung, "Joonie's calling Yoongi-ssi, Tae. He will come soon, you need to calm down, Tae, look at me!!" he exclaimed desperately, but Taehyung wasn't paying attention. He was busy trying to catch a breath, his utter panic stopping him from doing so. 

"Yoongi-ssi's coming, Tae, don't be scared, everything will be fine, we're here," Seokjin said. He kept talking for the next fifteen minutes, trying his best to calm Taehyung, whose panic only kept increasing every minute that passed by with the door of the bathroom shaking harder. 

By now, the door looked close to breaking and he could only hope it would hold out long enough for Yoongi to reach his home. Yoongi lived half an hour away and if he rushed, he could reach their house in twenty. Taehyung hoped he rushed. 

But of course, he wasn't the luckiest person in the world. The bathroom door burst open and Jeongguk stepped in, looking angrier than he had been when he entered the house if that was even possible. 

"You shameless slut," Jeongguk growled and Taehyung scrambled backwards until his back hit the wall of the bathroom, shaking his head vigorously in terror the entire time. "I lose my job and instead of relieving my stress, you run away from me?!" With his shoe still on, Jeongguk kicked Taehyung right on his face, making his head land on the floor with a sickening thud that had Seokjin, Namjoon and Junha gasping from the phone. 

"You dare call for help?! Are you trying to make me look bad?! You know what you deserve for this?" he bent down and grabbed Taehyung by his hair and pulled him up. Taehyung kept his eyes screwed shut in terror and pain. He didn't answer. It wasn't like he could answer, anyway. 

"You deserve death," Jeongguk said and shoved Taehyung's head to the side with more force. It went and hit the toilet hard, making the world spin when he opened his eyes. 

"YOU FUCKER, YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!! I WILL FUCKING TEAR YOU DOWN MYSE-"

"APPA, PLEASE DON'T HURT PAPA, PLEASE!!" 

Jeongguk whipped around in shock and eyed Taehyung's phone, which now showed Junha's terrified and tearful face on the screen. 

"Aaaah," he turned around to look at Taehyung again, "so that's where he has been all this while, huh? I should have guessed," he said and that devilish glint that Taehyung hated the most returned to his eyes. 

It always made Jeongguk too unpredictable, especially if he was drunk on top of everything. 

He gasped when Jeongguk slammed his hand on Taehyung's collarbone and grabbed his collar. He hauled him up and dragged him out of the bathroom, straight to the kitchen. Three days ago, he had learned the best way to hurt Taehyung. He was going to use it again. Just this time, it was going to be his face and not his hand. 

Aera simply sat on the couch with a hand on her huge belly, enjoying the scene in front of her. 

"You dare to hide my son from me? That too in your brother's house?! You slut, I should have killed you when we were married itself. I shouldn't have delayed it until now, you've been good for nothing anyway." 

Taehyung didn't pay any attention to the words. He was only busy panicking about the nearing stove. Jeongguk turned around to call Aera and ask her to light the stove, but seeing as her belly was too full for her to move freely, Jeongguk turned back to Taehyung, deciding to light the stove by himself. 

With one hand still holding Taehyung's collar, he lit the stove with his other hand but seeing as his grip now weakened, Taehyung dipped down and bit Jeongguk's hand as hard as he could and sprinted away from him, deciding to lock the entire guest room door this time. 

But Jeongguk was faster than him even in his drunken state. 

He slammed into the door just when Taehyung was about to close it and Taehyung couldn't put much force into closing the door shut from his side, seeing as his entire body was sore from all the abuse that he had taken until then and one of his hands was burnt useless. 

The door slammed open and he was grabbed once again, this time with much more animosity than he had ever been subjected to. 

When Jeongguk grabbed the back of his head and forced it closer to the flame, he struggled hard. He tried grabbing Jeongguk's face and pushing him away, he tried collapsing down to the floor by himself, but nothing worked. 

His panicked breaths came out of his mouth now, his nose no longer cooperating in breathing. That gave him an idea. He collected all the air he could into his mouth and blew at the stove. Thankfully, the force was enough to turn off the flame, but it fueled Jeongguk's rage more. 

With a loud grunt, he pulled Taehyung's head up and slammed it hard to the platform under the stove. 

Taehyung didn't even have it in him to open his mouth in a silent scream. The world spun again and by the time he got back to his senses, there was heat blasting on his face and there was a familiar voice screaming in the background. 

He burst into tears once again, realizing his saviour was here. 

He was finally going to be saved. 

It was ironic how fear was what had made him avoid help but the same fear was what had made him seek out for it as well. 

Pity, he didn't even have it in him to feel too grateful for it.