Chapter VI

An early end

"Kill...more... more... I'll kill them", one whisper in my ear. 

"What are you? Are you a man? Or a Titan?", my other ear caught another one.

My jacket was pulled along with my body, but I didn't feel like waking up. Only after a large bang of a cannon, I finally decided to stimulate my senses. Eren's skeleton Titan was protecting Mikasa, Armin and me. 

'I have never gone to a museum with dinosaurs, but I s6 suppose that's how it looks like'

Getting up and going out of Eren's Titan, I moved away from the dusty clouds and raised my head to the sky. The sky had turned reddish as the sun was slowly leaving us behind.

'It smells burnt flesh'

"Don't move! Both of you are monsters and ought to die!", the red-haired with a huge forehead shouted.

'I don't even remember his name. That unimportant...'

I planned not to speak and let Armin handle the situation , but my nerves collided on my forehead, unable to keep me back.

"Maybe we are monsters. But what are you?", I furrowed my eyes deadly at him. "Do the soldiers around you who obediently follow your commands know about you? Back inside the Wall... you abandoned the Hq leaving four trainees. No three.. the one did suicide... to take care of the situation and give the others gas. Titans surrounded the place at no time. And they couldn't do anything. There was no one to guide and help them. All of the soldiers would die if it weren't for me and Eren to kill the Titans. So yeah, maybe we are monsters!!! But at least when we say we offer our hearts to humanity, we keep our word. And I ask you, soldiers serving that coward who ran with the tail between his legs to save himself, who would you listen? Someone who would let you die or someone who would sacrifice their life for humanity?"

My hand touched my chest indicating me as that person.

"Don't listen to her! She is a monster!", Captain turned to his inferiors.

"So, you are here now? In the morning your post was inside the Wall, yet you are here miraculously... unscratched and your gas filled"

"Fire the cannon! Now!!!", he shouted at top of his lungs possed by fear. But no one flinched.

"I will report you for treason!", he grabbed Rico's collar.

"And I will report you for treason! With evidence! Unlike you... Who do you think the court will believe?", I grinned cutely, yet devilishly.

"I said fire", he shouted louder.

"You should change your attitude to your soldiers as an inspiring superior", Commander Pixis said as he stood behind him.

'Great timing,  Commander. I got bored with him...'

The orange rays streames on the concurred part of the Wall by the Titans. 

"Can you do it?", Commander Pixis kneeled to ask us after we filled our hunger and gained enough energy.

"I don't...", Eren stuttered confused.

"We will!", I answered determinedly.

Walking behind him as he observed the Titans scratching the Wall, he asked without turning his sight to us.

"Care for a swing?"

Eren quickly agreed and after taking the small bottle, he drank. However, he proceeded by spitting the liquor in the air. He then handed it over to me.