Chapter XIII

Lingering Burden

Cheering leading to ears' bleeding and Historia saluting with the crown on her head left everyone ablaze. Standing beside Ymir was a bad idea because the brunette couldn't keep her excitement and began screaming with one hand raised in the air and the other wrapped around my neck choking me to death.

The goddess Historia decided to leave heaven and descend to earth, with her close friends. Away from the public eye, we could be relaxed around our new Queen.

Before I could reach her side to congratulate her and make jokes, everyone else had already done that.

"Okay, everybody! Move aside!", I stated pushing the mob away. "Out of my way! Best friend coming through! And yeah, I am talking about me", I finally got the chance to hug her. Unfortunately, jealous Ymir took her away from my embrace and shot me with an angry stare.

"I am her best friend!", she exclaimed in triumph.

"No, no, no! You told her to get married after the apocalypse ends. You cannot be married to her and be her best friend. Choose!", I pointed at her.

"Okay, you can have her ONLY as your best friend", she finally let go of her and we could giggle all together.

"Hold on. You're seriously doing it, Historia?", Eren asked her anxiously.

"Yeah, I am"

Unable to contain myself, I had already begun giggling quietly.

"Mikasa was just joking about it. Right, Mikasa?"

"After you smack him, tell him this... I dare you to hit me back", she didn't pay attention to Eren addressing Historia directly.

"Damn you! If it's not a real grudge, just forget it. Tell her Antonia"

"Do it", I stared at her blandly, yet passionately.

Screaming out as a way to stop struggling, she ran and hit Levi on his arm.

"Whoaa!!!", everyone freaked out except Mikasa and me who smiled in satisfaction.

"Thank you... all of you"

His bright smile appeared once again forming a bigger one on my lips.

~.✧.~

The evening had arrived when I jumped off Ray to start carrying supplies quickly without Historia noticing my absence until now.

"Where have you been?", her voice shouting behind me froze me on spot making everyone else laugh waiting for my punishment,

"It's not my fault!", I defended myself.

"It must be tough being Captain's personal assistant". Her pity aggrieved those who wished to see my suffering.

"Yeah...", I cried out in pain. "Eld left to be close to his pregnant wife, Oluo and Petra are on their honeymoon and Captain Mike asked for Gunter's transfer to his squad. He couldn't stand this squad's craziness... I'm left with so much paperwork. And when I finish it, he makes me clean everything!"

My complaints couldn't have a barrier to stop. "Why didn't he use any other than me? You're just resting here!"

"Well, you're the best at cleaning among all soldiers. Plus your hand-writing is neat"

"So bothersome...", I exhaled.

Like a lighting strike, the children of the orphanage, who pulled Connie's and Sasha's hair a while ago, opened their arms separating me from the rest of my friends.