Chapter XII

Light of dawn

"Captain, we brought the supplies", Jean said as he returned back from the town with Mikasa and Armin.

"The Military Police were handing over these...", Armin said to Levi and gave it to him.

"It looks exactly like you!!!", I started giggling and soon enough Ymir followed too

"Can I have it?", I asked making puppy eyes to convince him.

"No", he answered blandly and put the paper in his bag.

"Why do you want it?", Ymir asked curiously.

"It's so ugly", I answered making everyone more confused.

"It's like the daughter of the protagonist of the movie Ant-man. Her father visited her on her birthday and gave her a stuffed teddy bear that was actually misshapen, one eye red, the other blue, one tooth bigger than the other. And she said: 'It's so ugly... I love it!!!' That's the spirit"

"Your world is weird...", Connie rubbed his head.

My eyes traveled in the direction that Jean, Mikasa, and Armin had come from.

"I hear a sound-

"I hear footsteps", Sasha shouted before I finished my phrase.

Jean finally returned with both of them after Levi had instructed him to let them go, but he achieved to uncover if they would betray us or not.

"Jean", I whispered and waved at him to come closer.

"Did it hurt?", I asked giggling under my breath.

"Bastard! You knew it and you didn't say anything?!", he shouted angrily only to meet an unbothered me sticking my tongue out at him.

"Bastard is an insult that refers to your family, but not you yourself. We have passed the stage that you are what you are stereotypically based on your family", I answered back blandly.

"Antonia, Ymir, you patrol for two hours so everyone can get some sleep. Mikasa, Armin, you switch with them". The four of us nodded in condonation.

The sun tilted on one side slowly and its threads transformed from yellow to orange. Exhaling our eyesight was trapped by the noon sky and forest. It didn't matter how much time had passed without moving a muscle as long as this was our pleasure and joy. Burdened by them, the guns were left down, away from us a long time ago.

"Ymir", I called out my comrade's name picking up her attention.

"Will you guard alone for a while? I need to do something..."

"What is that something?", her look showed she wouldn't agree until I spilled the tea.

"I want to steal Captain's picture. Will you help me?"