Chapter XIV

First Love in the Late Spring

Darius Zackly slid his hands through the report about the outside world - info we got finally from the basement and Eren's memories - and finishing the conversation he stopped at my report. The queen, all governors, the Military Police, Garrison, and Survey Corps with their leaders had targeted their eyes on me.

'This is awkward...'

"If what is written here is true, I want you to tell us the whole future"

"Mmm...", I made a circle with my eyes. "No."

"I command you to tell me the future!", he announced. "You take orders from your superior. If you don't-

"I said no."

"We can deal with your refusal", he smiled creepily.

"Tortures from amateurs will not work on me"

"You can regenerate but you still feel pain", he answered back.

Like throwing the ball to one another, everyone looked from one side to the other as each person talked and the other talked back.

"That would be true. But when I first got this power, I thought to myself that feeling pain in the middle of a battle would hinder me and get in the way. Plus I had to exercise hard to regenerate quicker.", I explained simply.

"I cut one leg at the beginning, both the next, one arm, two arms, half my body... Cutting the head was a little bit tricky, it would take two days to regenerate that. Then after I finished the cutting, I started burning up my flesh. I had burn marks for some time. So I peeled off my skin. I had that list with the worst historical tortures. I worked on that too. You never know what may happen to you... -I shrugged at that comment and continued moving my hands as I talked.

"Why do you think we feel pain in the first place? Our mind wants us to understand that this act will harm us, so we won't do that again. That was problematic for me.

I shoved it into my head that no matter how much I hurt myself, what mattered was to regenerate. Meaning... There wasn't really any reason to feel pain. So I don't."

I explained it very simply for his rotten mind to get it but he looked shocked. Like he had lost all communication with his environment. He wasn't the only one.

"I said SHOW ME!", he jumped off his seat angrily.

I lowered my gaze sideways.

"Okay", I said blandly with no expression on my face.

I walked towards him. "I am bored to tell you, so I will transfer everything to you"

He offered his hand pleased.

"He shouldn't... Antonia wouldn't agree so easily", Armin whispered only to be heard by his two closest friends beside him.

Contact. A scream escaped his lungs only to be followed by more.

"What did you do?", Nile ran beside me.

"I showed him everything. Not my fault if he cannot handle it..."

His screams got louder.

"So who's next?", I smiled brightly and offered my hand.

"Huh?", Nile stepped back.

"Well, who else wants to learn everything?"

Silence from the audience. They shook in fear as their ears bled out from their superior's screams.