On the Run: Part 1

I walked for about a fourth mile until my arms started to hurt and felt like they were being weighted down. So I stopped at a local hardware store and got one of those carts that homeless people usually have and push around. Well, because at this point I was homeless. I knew I had to get to the next major town that was far away, somewhere where my Amber Alert (if the police released one) wouldn't be reached. Since I was 18 I knew I could break my phone off my mom's plan and turn it into a track phone. So I called the phone company before I left and got my phone plan and number changed.

At the hardware store I picked up a phone card for 500 mins. and tried to think of my next plan of survival. I live (or did) in Yuma, Arizona. Yuma is a small town on the border of Arizona. It was about 4 hours from Los Angeles . And that's where I was planning to go.

I knew I would have to lay low key for a while and get to Los Angeles before any one realized I was missing. Which means I would have to get out tonight. I turn the location services off on my phone and my computer and started off the the train station.

At the station there was a train that left at 3:00 am to Los Angeles. I walked to the ticket booth and asked what the price of the ticket was. The man said it was $15. So bought it under the name of Caitlyn Farewell. (i also registered for the track phone with that name) Which was kinda close to my real name, Calia Fatima. As I waited for the train I sat and thought about my life that I was leaving behind.But I couldn't help it and started to think about my life when my father was alive. How it is so different from what it is now.

*Flashback*
"Hi Cally! What are you doing?" I hear my Dad say in his soothing voice . I was sitting on the swing rocking back and forth, with my long brown hair flowing in the wind. I love when he calls me Cally, it was his pet name for me. "Nothing really" I told him "Just thinking" "Oh. Okay." He replies as he sits down on the swing next to me. As we swing back and forth we talk about my upcoming show. I was 11 at the time and despite my age I was small and landed the role of Matilda in my school's play.

*present*

"Oh crap!" I said out loud causeing people in the train station to stare. I just auditioned for that commercial today and now I wouldn't have a chance to film it, if I got the part. Now I wish I would have run away after I found out if I got that job. That would have been good money if I got the job. I could always go back. My mother doesn't wake up for work until 5:30. But I didn't want to turn back now. I would have a lot of explaining to do if I turned back and I don't ever want to go back to that life.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

At 3:00 the train pulled in and I boarded finding a spot towards the back away from any windows. I am not sure why I was so afraid because at this point my mother is still in bed sleeping, and thinking I am in bed. Tomorrow will be Monday morning and she will go in my room around 7 to see if I am ready for school and see I am not there. Then she will go down stairs and see my note:

Dear Mom,
I can't/don't want to live this life anymore. Ever since Dad died you have been bitter and hated the world. And sometimes it is as if you almost hate having me around, like I am a burden and another expensive mouth to feed. Its okay though I am just going to live my own life now, I waited until I turned 18 and now I have more latitude. Please save yourself the trouble...don't look for me because you'll never find me.

Sincerely, Calia

She is going to be heartbroken but I know this will be the best for both of us (or maybe just for me). Just then I heard the conductor said there was 1 more minute until we pull out of the station, my last chance to leave and go "home." But I just sat there and waited for the train to pull out of the station.

A/N
Hi readers,
I hope you liked this chapter. It is my fav chapter so far and kinda nerve racking to write. I already have planned what is goingto happen this whole book and am writing the chapters all the time. I am not going to publish them everyday though. Just every couple days or once a week. I have already started writing the sequel and have named the sequel of the sequel. Well, actully on of my followers (sofiaquags) thought that would be a great name for the sequal of the sequel! Personaly I think it is pretty god too, so thx for reading and remember...

Comment.Votme.Add

Until next time,
EEK