On The Run: Part 2

I saw a little girl, about 4 years of age, runing thought a field of tall corn, laughing and looking behind her as she ran. As she ran she caused the the tall corn to ruffle but behind her the corn was shaking and moving too. She didn't look scared that a bigger object/creature was chasing her. Eventually she tripped and the bigger figure picked her up and swung her around, spinning her and throwing her into the air. Then I realized that little girl was me and the bigger figure was my father. Things were so happy then, we were playing in the field that was out behind the development we lived in. This was a time when we had a big house, which meant we still had my father's income. We were one of the happiest families you could ever meet. But then dark purpleish clouds rolled over the horizen and made everything go dark, the sun and my happiness. It was as if the darkness swallowed up my father. I blinked and he was gone. And I was no longer standing in a corn field but, standing in front of his grave and no longer an innocent child but back to the age I am now.

I woke up will a shock from that horrible dream. Looked at my phone and noticed I should be in Los Angeles in about a half hour. I bet the police are looking for me now and school will be starting in an hour or so. When the kids in my class get to school they will be like, where's Calia? Then they will see I won't be there the rest of the week and be like, "I hope she's okay and comes back soon, it is our senior year and the best part of High School!" No..... They would never say that, I would be surprised if anyone noticed I was gone, probably no one would.

As the train pulled into the station I hurried to get off. I needed somewhere to hide until I knew the police weren't looking for me any more. I had heard before Los Angeles was a big city and you could "get lost in the croud." That's exactly what I needed to do.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Detective Danny Reagan POV

"Are you boys ready!?" I screamed up stairs. Me, my wife and my two kids, Jack and Sean, are going to California. For multiple reasons. For one there is a missing child case that has been going on for about a month now. They thought I would be good for this case, considering I haven't had one of my cases go cold since 1998. And that technically didn't go cold because the suspect (the man who acctully killed the victiam) killed himself and all the other witnesses. I also accepted this case because my son Jack wants to look at UCLA . He had already been accepted to NYU but my wife and I told him he could look. It would be a little late for an application but if he liked it enough I guess he could transfer.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

As I was on the plane I reviewed to the case file my Sargent sent me. The missing girls name is, Calia Marie Fatima. Her widowed mothers name is Tonya Mastro Fatima. Apparently Calia's father died 5 years ago, I wonder if that had anything to do with her leaving. His name was Eric Richard Fatima. The file says he died in an accident, but doesn't say what happened. Well, it is Sunday after noon. I will get into Yuma early Monday morning. School has been out for 2 weeks now. I find it weird that she left 2 weeks before school let out, considering she is a senior. I will start the investigation on Tuesday.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

On Tuesday I go to speak to Tonya Fatima. My partner Detective Maria Baez had flown out to help me. The Fatima's home is small. I knock on the door and Mrs. Fatima opens the door. She looks stressed but not destresed about her missing daughter. My partner and I ask Mrs. Fatima a seris of questions, but don't feel it is necessary to ask about her dead husband yet. And finally we have to ask the questions I usually regret the most. "If your daughter could hide forever from you would she?" "Yes" responds Mrs. Fatima. Baez asked this one for me "Does your daughter want to be found?" "No" says Mrs. Fatima keeping her voice level. Then she shows us the letter Calia left her. "Oh" I say. I pull Baez out so I can talk to her. "Most kids who don't want to be found by their families , usually aren't."

A/N

So this was the chapter where the Blue Bloods crossover starts. So if you are a Blue Bloods fan that's why there is so much explanation about Baez and Danny. For those who are not Blue Bloods fans Detective Danny Reagan, his family, and Detective Maria Baez are from Blue Bloods. Whether you watch the show or not doesn't matter. BTW the picture for this chapter is Danny and Baez. I am writing the story so everyone can understand it. Again if you find any mistakes comment.

Remeber: Comment.Vote.Add

Until next time,
EEK