Detectives Lurking Around The Corner

Caitlyn POV

I went to look for an apartment. Nothing expensive but I don't like living in the woods. I decided to walk around the city and look for a broken down building I could live in that wasn't invested with rats and bugs, that I could live in. I was still a little on edge that someone might recognize me but I just carried on with my search and tried not to not draw attention to myself. I need this plan to work.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Danny POV

My partner and I are sitting in the LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) squad room going over our clues. We have been sending our evidence and sharing the information we collected with the LAPD, because this was originally their case but now its mine. We didn't have many clues, but we are trying to piece things together. We have Calia on surveillance camera in the hardware store, then we see her walking to a train station but she disappears after that.

"Well, I think we need to go back and talk to Mrs. Fatima." I say to Baez. We get in the car and start to drive to Yuma.

"Oh." I say to Baez "Remember I have the day off tomorrow. I am taking Linda (Danny's wife) and the boys to look at UCLA."

"That's going to be tough if he wants to transfer here to California" says Baez "considering your whole family lives in New York."

"I know" I say back "But my wife and I promised Jack he could look. I just hope Sean doesn't like it because he has to apply to colleges next year. I don't want any schools outside on New York to be an option."

Baez smiled. "Your being unreasonable Reagan. Just go have fun tomorrow."

When we got to the Fatima's home Mrs. Fatima opened the door and let us in. We asked her if there was anywhere Calia would go to hide if she were ever to run away. She said they used to live in a development about 15 minutes from here. She said there was a corn field in the back on the grounds and there were some trees there and Calia and her father built a tree house in one of them. Calia loved that tree house and liked to hang out there.

I put Baez in charge of the rest of the investigation until I get back. Baez was going to stay here in Yuma and I was going to join her when i got back from college searching with Jack.

I was walking out the door to drive back to the LAPD and tuned around and asked Mrs. Fatima "If you don't mind me asking what happened to your husband. " she turned around and looked at me and said "If you want to know look up his obituary. But don't believe the rumors, just the facts." And then she shut the door.