Edu-caution

"What... is it?"

"Well... what does it look like?" He sighed and slapped me on the back.

"It's an egg, obviously... but it's way too big! I mean, look at the size of the thing!" ... well it was a little bit too big to be a chicken egg, especially since it was the size of a fully grown goose.

"I-I don't know too okay? But can you stop being so fidgety? You're making me nervous." I said as I gently touched the mysterious black egg... it was rough, very rough... and I could tell that it had an incredibly thick shell. Whatever was inside the egg... it wasn't just any common creature...

"S-sorry... you know how scared I am of eggs..." It was then I looked at him with an exhausted look.

"Neth, you do know that monsters don't exist... right?" He nodded and rubbed his neck, spotting a little embarrassment on his face. "All those stories of a...uh, zombies coming to eat your brains or..a..a... a hydra with nine very scary heads bringing heck wherever they go: they don't exist! Okay?"

He finally calms down and I examine the egg again... wait... does it look like it's... "Cracks... small little cracks are forming." It was at this statement that Neth slowly back up, his footsteps slowly picking up the pace before it become a full sprint. "H-hey where are you going!?"

He looks back and shouts "Away from here!"... and I look back at the egg, its cracks growing larger and larger. It was at this moment that I myself asked if I dared to stay... and witness this... thing hatch.

And with every little crack widening my heart started to race... "W-what if Neth was right? What if this was some sort of monster that had come to kill us al-" CRACK!!! My eyes widened as I backpedaled and fell unto the ground, something was moving inside the egg... and was trying to break out.

Beads of sweat rolled down my cheeks as my eyes were fixated on the egg, the creatures writhing had broken off a little piece of shell off the top. And with every consecutive piece removed, my heart beat quickened... adrenaline was pumping through my veins before finally... the entire top of the egg popped off cleanly, plopping down right beside it.

A claw reached out and grabbed the edge of opening, it was laced with scales... both black and white. It scrapped the egg for a bit before a second claw reached out, grabbing whatever it could...... was it trying to pull itself out?

I gulped and slowly crawled closer, whatever this thing was... it was... smaller than I'd expected. And as I approached it... I peaked into the egg and saw......

"Papa!" A soft voice called.

"Papa wake up!" I groaned and rubbed my eyes... what was that memory...dream all about. "You're such a deep sleeper! I had to shake you a lot to wake you up!" I smiled and reached over, patting her furry yet scaly head. "Oh did you?" 

She huffed in response, promptly laying the entire length of herself on my chest. 

"Oof! Hey-... you're not as light as you were when you were a hatchling okay?" I giggled as I rubbed her belly.

"Hey! I'm not that heavy." She pouted as I ruffled her fur.

"Yes you areeee" I said as I squeezed her scaly cheeks; she has kept her white and black fur coat... and scales, since she hatched.

"Nuhh em nwooooottttt" Her little hands grasped my arm, trying to pull them off.

"Hpmh~" I let her go, and she growls playfully.

"You're gonna regret the day you messed with the almighty Murheit!" And following that statement, she chomped down softly on my hand.

All I could do was smile... she'd grown so much the past decade. From being barely able to even stand on her own to being able to run and fly, albeit only a little since her wings were still developing.