H-hi

Tick..tick...tick.....Ugh finally... I've never anticipated that the last day of school would last so long.. I stood up from my seat and started walking around the mass gathering of my 'classmates' as they signed each others yearbooks. I never had a single drip of ink on mine, unsurprisingly.

I was the outcast of the class... no, make that the outcast of the school. That's more like it, and it's how it works anyways. I guess I was anti-social but, it didn't reason why I had to be the loner. Left aside to rot and degrade into trash.

My 'classmates' would always leave me out,whether if it was a project or a discussion. But that wasn't the only thing they did. No it wasn't. They had me under their thumbs, physically and verbally. Everyday was a nightmare for me,reliving the same hell but worst than the last.

I reached my locker, grabbed my rucksack and was ready to leave this prison. Relieved that none of my 'classmates' picked on me. They're probably boasting of where they were going next during the summer breaks, they always were. I turned around and walked towards the exit and pushed the door outwards.. ah.. sweet sweet freedo-"Taoy?"

Hm? I turned around shocked, nobody had called me Taoy in a long time. The voice came from a girl... ok. "What do you want?" I said in a protected tone, because you never know the moment where one of the girls try to trip you up. "C-can I talk to you in private... please?"

Instead of a group of 'classmates', all I saw was the gymnasium... thankfully. "We're probably out of earshot here soo....wait, where's your bag?" She looked at me with determination burning with her eyes... what's with her? "That... d-doesn't matter. But you must listen closely to what I'm about to say!"

"I... I'm going to shrink just about any time now." ...what? "Sorry... could you clarify 'shrink'?" She took in another lungful of air. "I'm going to shrink to the size of your finger.." I looked at her..." D- do you have a fever or somethin-""NO!"

"Okay..." I decided to go along with her. "Soo.. you're gonna shrink to the size of my finger." She nods. "And what to you what me to do when that happens?" She sighs expectedly, as if she had revised my question beforehand . "I want you to... protect me."

"If you needed protection, you could've just asked anyone else but me so this begs the question... why?" she looks away. "You... seemed the kindest of them all." I gave her a carry-on hand gesture. "You like g/t and you live alone." Hold.. the phone.

"Have you been stalking me?" my voice dangerously quiet. "Th-this isn't what you think! Please! You can't let my efforts be in vain! My parents! Brothers and sisters! They did this for me! Please... take me in..." I was about to call the police on the girl when she started to fell sideways.

Thinking quick, I caught her in my arms... it feels traumatizing. I've never gotten physical contact for... who know how long? "Hey... you alright?" She doesn't respond... jeez. Do really I have to 'take her in'? I checked my phone. Half past 4.

Her parents should've been her by now... unless... she doesn't have one. I looked at her earnestly. She did seem kind off familiar... but I can't pinpoint it. Is it just me or is she becoming lighter?...WHAT THE-

She's... shrinking... what the heck man! I must've eaten some magical mushrooms or something. She was getting smaller by every passing second, from around my height, to as tall as my waist and... as small as my hand.......

She... wasn't kidding about it. What should I do damn it?! I looked at her. Even her clothes shrunk with her... magic? She looks so... small. So fragile and weak... I didn't notice her petite form. She was literally the size of my finger... fine then... I'll... 'take you in'.

I walked towards my apartment using the same old route. Everyday. Every week. Every month. Ever year. It's the same old thing, but not today. I had both of my hands clasping onto her as I walked with caution. I did NOT want to kill some..thing today.