Chapter 7 - Off To The Mount Mitchell

[Allyson's Perspective]

It felt like a wild ride during the transportation. I could see purple blobs and runes flying one by one. A flashing image scrambled inside my head as I stumbled into something thick.

" You okay Allyson? ". Of course I'm not okay.

" What was that? ". I stood up as I try to regain my composure. My head feels like a cotton wool, dizzy and confused. Mr. Charles was right, there was indeed a recoil.

" For first timers, that was a negative effect of the transferring a living being of that portal. " Charles headed north as he grabbed his hat covered in dirt nearby tree, implying it wasn't a fun ride at all. " I think I can handle for now. ". I replied to Rachel as she assisted me by sitting on a nearby rock. After that, she stood and began roaming around the area.

" Alright, seems we landed in the North America! ". Rachel shouts. I can spot birds flying away, scared by her shout. " North America? " I asked. Rachel opened a backpack which I didn't noticed and pulled out a map. " Yes, in fact were in the Coastal Plains of North America..... Looks a bit far. We need to hitch a ride. ". She suggested as she pulled something from her pockets. Mr. Charles then pulled one of an unusual marble thingy from his pocket. Rachel gave me some of it too.

It was round and different spiral of colors embedded on its shell

It was round and different spiral of colors embedded on its shell. It almost looked like a small jawbreaker.

" Let me guess. Are we gonna eat it? ". Despite my curiosity I'm a bit hesitant to swallow these things. I was about to put three on my mouth when Rachel stopped me. " You only need one, hahaha. It's a candy. It's used to hide our identities from humans. ". She explained as she took the other two.

So this is a kind of candy, I wondered who thought of these ideas so advance than the technology of Humanity. I ate the one Rachel gave me, at first it tasted minty and sweet.... Kinda reminds me of an eucalyptus candy. I was sure something will happen if I'd ate it, but nothing bizarre happened. " So let's head to Mt. Mitchell. " Rachel lead the way on a nearby bus stop....

The case we're investigating are about the strange behavior of Mt. Mitchell... Despite it's high peak, few residents and local rangers... There seems to be a disturbance.

The Mysterious Claw Marks on the trees....
The strange light that shines during midnight and the voices that workers often hear.

" Here we go...... A bus is coming.... ". Rachel gestured the bus driver to stop... Reluctantly, the bus driver stopped by. " You should stop in a bus stop next time..... You're lucky I was kind to stop by. ". The bus driver opened the bus doors as we get inside.