Chapter 1 - A Mystery.

Year 2021, The Month of Chrysanthemum.

[ Allyson's Perspective. ]

Rumors...
Gossips....
Conspiracies....

Your average words that can describe everything that is not explained by science. They are the Creatures that is far from being normal... Creatures that invoke people's curiosity and fright.

There are plenty of them these days. They are found on the internet, history books or even told as rumors or bedtime stories. These superstitious beliefs are nothing but opinions. A far-fetched story passed by one to another. No one can tell if they are real or not. No one can prove they exist.

People does not believe on others but only to themselves. Believe, if they've actually seen it. Assume, if they caught a glimpse of them....

In the end... It all remains a mystery.

......

" Ally! ".

A voice snapped me back. " Why are you standing there doing nothing? Come help in the Kitchen! ". It was Todd. I was reading a newspaper taped into the board that I forgot there are customers. " Coming! ". I replied, walking to the kitchen.

" Today's sure is busy than I expected. ".

Sherry comments while continuing to pour hot water over the coffee ground. It causes a fresh aroma that wafted around the kitchen. Fred, our waiter, served expresso and cappuccino towards the tables.

I looked in front and helped Todd preparing the bubble milk tea. Currently, a customer wants two Cream cheese flavored and one Strawberry Matcha flavored. Despite the rush, I am quite concerned to why there are plenty of customers today.

* Sighs. This is why I want to recommend Boss to hire more staffs.

" Ally, could you get another coffee grounds.... ".

Sherry pointed the room where we stack the fresh goods. I head towards the room and searched for the bags of coffee grounds. It smelled so good.... Fresh coffee grounds.

* Rustles *.

It startled me when the television nearby changes into another channel.

Man 1: " This past weeks, we have covered lots of missing report... and horrible findings in the neighborhood. This news is a bit trigger warning, you may change the channel if you don't like hearing this..... ".

The man took a minute before continuing...

Man 1: " Okay, a severed hand was spotted near the Isterr park. Police have determined it is infact a woman's right hand and is currently missing. The severed hand is then later taken for DNA tests as Investigations are being held right now as we speak. "

Man 2: " The authorities are on a chase on a possible serial killer on a loose. Authorities suggests that be careful to wander late at night as the perpetrator might be out there. "

Creepy. I don't like this kind of news in the morning.... I should've turned it off rather than be curious about it.

I turned off the television after I spot a jar filled with coffee grounds. I returned to the kitchen and handed towards to Sherry.