Prologue

Allyson's POV.

I opened my eyes, rubbing the blurriness away. I realized that I'm inside a vehicle. The noises from the outside — birds chirping, and the rustling leaves of trees. I looked at my left.

The scenery greeted me with it's warmth passing through the car window

The scenery greeted me with it's warmth passing through the car window. Clouds forging to one another and small critters playing in the grassy field. I turn to face who was driving. It was my aunt, Evelyn.

" Oh, you're awake now. You must be hungry.... Here, have some waffles." She handed me waffles.

"Evelyn...." I called her name.

Judging from the scenario, it seems like both of us are heading to that place.

" Are we there yet? " I asked. She smiled back and looked at me through the reflection of the mirror.

" Not yet. " She said while reaching to turn the radio on.

" Don't worry Ally, we'll arrive sooner to your Grandfather's cabin. " She added.

I looked at my lap and saw the waffles — topped with whipped cream and fresh slice of strawberries. I placed one into my mouth.

I can't taste it.

" What's wrong? " She asked.

I looked at her reflection before saying nothing. She sighed. She sounds troubled. I wonder why?

She gave a few glances at me before commenting.

" I know it's sudden to leave our old house your mother rented. " She added. I didn't answer back. She was worried of me.

All I can do for today is to smile for her.

The silence didn't last long when we arrived at the road leading to a forest. The car stops in front of a cabin. Me and Evelyn leaves the car as I gaze the scenario outside. I took a deep breath.

" Allyson, be careful when walking. You might trip from the roots. " Evelyn warned while carrying the boxes as she headed towards the cabin.

I followed her and saw someone standing at the porch.

" Oh my.... Evelyn you actually came back!" It was Grandpa.The old man approached Evelyn.

" Hi Dad. Long time no see." They hugged each other. The old man chuckled as he took the boxes in her hand.

" How's your life here? " Evelyn asked.

" Ahh quiet as ever. Yesterday, I fell into the water while catching some trout Hahaha. ". Grandpa laughed. Evelyn gave a worried look.

" You sure you're fine? The lake is deep. You might loose something. For example — your dentures. ". She spoke jokingly.

The jolly old man looked at her and replied.

  " Ha! Nothing beats the old fishermen here, if I lost my teeth, wouldn't be good to catch a Karp smiling with a pair of teeth." Grandpa laughs.

I'm getting worried about his health.

" And how's my Little Ally doing?" He asked me and puts his hand on my head.

I smiled back at Grandpa.

" I'm fine. " I replied. Evelyn placed the last remaining boxes on the wooden table at the porch, she then removed her gloves.

" Sorry for the trouble Dad, you sure letting us stay here?" Evelyn asked.

" Hmmm.. Its okay, I'm willing to help. Besides, I can teach this shrub some few forest tricks." Grandpa tries to carry me but stops. Am I getting heavy?

" By the way Evelyn, are you going back to London after this?" Grandpa asked Evelyn. She made a wry smile before giving her final thoughts.

"I won't go back. I have to take care Allyson."

She approaches me.

" Starting today, we'll be living with your Grandfather. I hope you won't mind. " I smiled back at her.

" I won't. "

I wrapped my hands around her neck, letting her know that it's fine for me.

" Aight, It's still early in the morning. I'll go make breakfast. ". Evelyn exclaimed.

Thus my days started — New life, new home. But, it won't happen again.

...

After all, it was just a fleeting dream~