three.

"Jimin, you slut. Why've you got another drummer's sticks in your pocket?"

At Namjoon's house, Jimin found himself squealing as his friend pulled the drumsticks Jungkook had given him out of his back pocket, analyzing them with a raised eyebrow.

Namjoon, the drummer for the little trio that Taehyung and him formed, smoothed his thumb over two engraved initials on the bottom of each drumstick. "Who's 'JK'? You know what I've told you and Taehyung about sleeping with rival band members?"

Jimin's eyebrows shot up, and he blushed a deep shade of red before he was reaching forwards and snatching the drumsticks out of Namjoon's hands. Taehyung, on the other hand, was giggling at the whole ordeal from where he was on the couch adjacent to them.

"None of your buisness, and I didn't sleep with him." Jimin scoffed, before looking down at the drumsticks in his hands, he ran his thumb against the engraved initials that Namjoon had pointed out, having not noticed them beforehand.

Jungkook had given him his most used, personal set of drumsticks. For some reason, Jimin found his heart thudding at the thought.

"Was it that drummer you were swooning over at your work earlier?" Taehyung called, standing up off of the couch and stretching his shoulders. Jimin sputtered, not aware until then that his attraction to the blue haired male was that obvious. He liked to think that he was subtle, but the truth seemed to say otherwise.

"Yes, but I wasn't swooning over him." Jimin rolled his eyes, trying to push down the embarrassment that he felt bubbling in his chest. He knew his friends, and if they could tell he was embarrassed they were probably just going to try and rile him up more.

He took a few steps forwards, watching as Taehyung opened up the mini fridge that Namjoon had in his basement. He pulled out a bottle of Soju, before grabbing a second and tossing it to Jimin. "I went to talk to him after their set was over, just wanted to tell him that I thought they played a really good set."

Jimin wrapped the cap of the soju bottle in the fabric of his shirt, protecting his fingers as he twisted the cap off with a satisfying pop.

"And you just talked?" Taehyung asked slyly, setting his bottle on the table before flipping back onto the couch.

"For fuck's sake, yes." Jimin answered, exasperated. It was true, they did just talk, and he was definitely telling the truth to his friends.

What he wasn't mentioning, was the tension.

Sure, all they did was exchange a few words, but the tension that had built up between them during the conversation was so much more. It was tension that told Jimin that he could have more if he wanted to, and that if he asked, Jungkook would have come home with him.

Maybe he should have.

"I'm only asking, because he was definitely someone to look at, so I wouldn't have blamed you if you did." Taehyung shrugged, picking up the bass guitar that had been resting on the couch next to him and plucking a few of the strings aimlessly.

Taehyung's personal bass guitar was glossy white, and adorned with doodles and writings done in black permanent marker. It was his prized possession, and the only people that were allowed to write on it were himself or those closest to him. Jimin himself had written on it, as had Namjoon. Taehyung's ex-girlfriend had also written on it, but her love message was now covered up with a thick
black "X". (Taehyung was a bit melodramatic).

"He is really cute." Jimin confessed. He looked down at the drumsticks that he was still holding, before tossing them to Namjoon who was now sat at his own drum set. "But I just know he's bad news." He watched as Namjoon just barely caught the drumsticks, before twirling them between his fingers.