twenty three.

"Ruffle your hair up, put a little more eyeliner on."

Taehyung and Namjoon currently sat cross-legged on the floor of Jimin's bedroom, watching in amusement as their bandmate scrambled around his room attempting to get ready.

It was just past eight, and Jungkook's band was performing at nine, but yet Jimin was still standing in the middle of his room shirtless and distraught. This happened every time he had a planned meet up with Jungkook. The blue haired male always looked so effortlessly good, Jimin couldn't help but try and put forward the best version of himself.

"It's been proven that he already likes you, Jimin." Namjoon chuckled, raising an eyebrow as he watched Jimin pull all of his shirts out of his closet and dump them on the bed in front of him. "You could show up there in a paper bag and he'd probably still be eyeing you up."

Jimin rolled his eyes, before picking up a black button-down and looking at it thoughtfully.

"That's not the point." He replied, slipping the shirt on over his shoulders and walking over to his mirror. "He's got like, half the city swooning over him, I can't exactly show up to his shows looking like a slob if I expect to keep him." He buttoned up the shirt nearly all the way, keeping the top three undone to expose his collarbones and a small portion of his chest.

"I really doubt that your looks are the only thing keeping him holding on." Taehyung countered, observing Jimin as the raven haired male picked up a few necklaces from off of his dresser. "You guys didn't even hook up last night, if he was only thinking with his dick I bet things would've gone a little differently."

"Maybe." Jimin hummed, clasping a silver chain around his neck. "Whatever though, is it a crime to want to look good?" He leaned down to look at himself more closely in the mirror, running his hands through his hair before picking up an eyeliner pencil.

"Only when it's going to make you late." Namjoon checked his watch, tapping it a few times to bring attention to the point he was making. "You've got like ten minutes until we should be getting out of here.

Jimin pursed his lips, trying to stay focused as he dragged the black eyeliner pencil against his eyelid. He believed that his friends were right, but he also loved the way Jungkook looked at him when he got all dressed up, so regardless he was putting in the effort.

"It's a only fifteen minute walk, and it's not like I have to see him before the show, so I think I'll be fine." He used his finger to smudge out some of the eyeliner on his waterline, then reaching down to grab two silver earrings to match his necklace. Afterwords he turned around, smoothing out his shirt and looking up to his bandmates. "How's this?"

"At this point I'm just happy you've got an outfit put on, considering the amount of clothes you've tried on tonight." Taehyung laughed, standing up and brushing off the ripped blue jeans he was wearing. "But you look good, trust me, so can we finally get going? I'm itching for a cocktail."

Jimin nodded, taking in a deep breath. No matter how many times they met up, his nerves were always on high alert every time he knew he was going to see Jungkook. The taller male's confidence and demeanour just never grew old on him, his addicting words and provocative eyes always causing a shiver to go down Jimin's spine. The expectation left him with a cocktail of nervousness and excitement brewing in his stomach.

"Okay, let's go."

-

"Jimin!"

They had arrived at Jimin's work just in time, Jungkook's band on the stage and tweaking the last few adjustments on their instruments as they readied to perform. It was endearing how quickly Jungkook had spotted him though, as if the drummer had been scanning the crowd since he got there in hopes of seeing Jimin's face.