eight.

another nighttime update! and it's two days in a row! love u all <33

It had been awhile since Jimin attended a gig.

He watched a lot of bands play at his work, but he didn't count those because it wasn't intentional. They just so happened to play at Jimin's work, giving him a free show as he worked.

This was different. He wasn't working, he had been specifically invited, and he had actually bought a ticket. (Sure, it only cost him ten dollars, but it was the idea of it.) He also didn't have any of his band members with him. Though Taehyung had offered to come with him to give some moral support, Jimin had decided that it would be best if he showed up alone.

This was the smart decision, given how flirty Jungkook was being towards him, but he just couldn't shake the anxiety he was feeling because of it.

He hardly knew Jungkook, and he didn't know any of his band members. None of the other faces in the bar looked familiar either, and so Jimin was truly on his own in a crowd full of strangers. Was it worth it? All of this nervousness just for an attractive man's attention?

Jimin watched from the bar as Jungkook settled himself behind his drum set, taking a swig of the drink that the younger male had given him. He hadn't moved since Jungkook left, just silently watching as the band set up and did mic checks. He found himself sort of wishing that Taehyung had come, forgetting just how awkward it felt to be at a bar alone.

Jimin observed as Jungkook performed a small drumroll, warming himself up for the show as the other members of his band did the same. The jean jacket he had been wearing was long gone, and Jimin knew that the ripped T-shirt he was wearing would be soon to follow.

Jimin felt so shameless around Jungkook. He didn't mind letting his gaze linger, because he knew that the younger male wouldn't mind. If anything, Jungkook seemed to love it every time he caught Jimin staring, his lips always twitching up into a sly smile.

"How's it going tonight?" Jimin's attention perked up once the lead singer of Jungkook's band spoke into the microphone, tapping it a few times beforehand to make sure it was on. "We're a little band called 'After Dusk'. If you come here often, you probably already know who we are." He winked cheekily, eliciting a few cheers and whistles from the crowd that has formed around the stage.

Jimin watched as the lead singer beamed at the praise, pushing his chestnut brown hair off his forehead and smiling. The lead singer looked back to Jungkook, and Jimin watched as Jungkook nodded once and spun his drumsticks between his fingers.

"This is a song called 'When the sun goes down'" The lead singer introduced their first song, beginning to strum a chord on his cream coloured guitar. "Give it a listen."

He strummed soft chords against the strings of his guitar, swinging sweet vocals into the microphone into the microphone in front of him. Isolated, only his voice and his guitar as his other band members waited for their cue, the notes his sang floated through the bar atmosphere so smoothly.

Jimin was sliding off of his barstool without even realizing it, his body seeming to move on its own as he slowly gravitated towards the stage.

Soju cold in his hand, his attention snapped to Jungkook as the blue haired male hit his drumsticks together, his foot creating a steady beat with his kick drum as the beat of the song kicked in. His eyes were locked on a Jimin, somehow honing in on him throughout all of the other faces in the crowd, and he grinned.

Jimin slid through all of the dancing bodies crowded around the stage, keeping Jungkook's gaze on him the entire time as he slowly moved his way to the front of the huddle. The blue haired male had a glint in his eyes that had Jimin's stomach twisting, his heart beating quicker and quicker at the idea of being the centre of attention for someone like him.