seventeen.

Jungkook woke up with a headache.

He let out a soft groan, bringing his tired arms up so that he could run his eyes as he pulled his mind and body out of the thickness of sleep. Bracing himself, Jungkook opened his eyes, and the morning sunlight burned them - eliciting a soft hiss from him.

Slowly he moved himself up onto his elbows, and it was when he looked to his left that he noticed the black mess of hair snuggled into the sheets next to him. Their body was nearly completely hidden beneath his sheets, their soft breaths visible as their face was buried within his blankets.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, eyes scanning across the blanket covered body in bed beside him. Had he invited Jimin back over again last night? Judging by the pretty wicked symptoms of a hangover he was feeling, he had gotten pretty drunk - and so he was waiting for all of his memories to come back to him.

But having Jimin over again... It wasn't surprising. It wasn't often for him to find somebody he wanted to keep spending time with, and Jimin had become that someone without him even realizing it.

He wanted to say that he wasn't sure what it was, that drew him to Jimin - but that's wasn't true, he did know, and the answer was a multitude of different things. His voice, the way he carried himself, how he was so confident yet also so easy to make flustered.

Jimin was... god, Jimin was made to have songs written about him. Every interaction they had, stuck to Jungkook's mind like glue and he just couldn't get enough of it.

Slowly his memories from the night before began to piece themselves together in his mind, creating a clearer and clearer picture as the minutes passed
by.

He remembered sulking at his apartment, spending his time moping on the floor as he read back all of his unanswered texts he had sent to Jimin. He remembered Hoseok trying to talk him through it, and suggesting a night out to try and ease his mind and get him out of the house. He remember arriving at the club, and then-

Jungkook's eyes widened, and his head snapped back over to the body that lay in bed next to him.

They shifted in their sleep, moving their face from where it had been buried in the pillows - and that subtle movement was all it took to have Jungkook's stomach dropping.

The sunlight shone in through his bedroom window, casting golden hues against a face that was almost completely unfamiliar to Jungkook, slapping him in the face with a state of shock so intense he could hardly move. The girl beside him slept peacefully still, soft breaths leaving her lips. He could just barely make out hazy memories of himself buying her drinks, then later pulling her through his bedroom door.

Jungkook rubbed his face, trying not to think too hard about the weight that was slowly settling into his chest. He sighed before sitting up fully, then hauling himself into a standing position and trying his hardest not to wake up the figure next to him.

This sucked.

He wasn't completely unfamiliar with the situation he found himself in; but it was two entirely different things to wake up with a stranger in your bed, and waking up with a stranger when you were expecting someone else.

Jungkook ran his hands through his hair, his fingers catching on the knots in his bed head. He hated the fact that he had gone out last night, and he hated his drunken self even more for putting himself in this situation.

Unlike any of his other flings, Jimin was somebody that Jungkook wanted to stay on the good side of. He wanted to keep him around, and see him more often. If that was going to happen, then he definitely couldn't tell the shorter male about this little slip up.