New City

'RING RING RING', Alarm in the phone was continuously ringing.Vivek woke up hearing the alarm and took the phone and turned off the alarm.He went to the bathroom, did the morning chores and went for the morning exercises.After exercise he went to the dining area and sat there.His tea was ready at the table.He went through the news paper.This is his first day as the City police commissioner of the prestigious city Kochi.For him,this posting was easy,as his father is the home minister of the state.
He went to his room and wore his uniform.Breakfast was ready at the table and he had that.While eating, his servant Gopi asked 'Vivek monu,will you come for lunch'
(Gopi is not a servant for Vivek,He was his care taker from his young age.His father appointed him to take care of Vivek from his young age.Monu is a affectionate word used to call a son)
Vivek replied:' No Anna,Please bring my lunch to my office.' While eating he thought,'I can't eat anything other than homely food ,as I am allergic to other outside food.Food made by my mother,Gopi Anna and Gayathri can only meet my appetite. The common thing between these persons are their love for me.But now I could never eat tasty food made by Gayathri.Though I was the reason for that,I didn't regret it.She deserved it.I know she loved me dearly at that time.She understood all my mood swings. But my revenge against her is more powerful than her love to me´.His thoughts was broken by the ringing of the doorbell.He washed his hands and opened the door.His driver was waiting at his official car for him.He went to the car and the driver drove him to the office.Throughout the travel,he was on his thoughts.'I am very proud of my achievements.Now I am at 30,and I became the Commissioner of Kochi.But I am missing something .I was married five years ago to Janaki,who was the daughter of the most prominent businessman in the state.It was a deal with my father and Janaki's father.Neither me nor Janaki was interested in that marriage. Janaki is a good friend to me.After one week of marriage,she went to London for her MS.And we got divorced with in a year.She calls me once in a month.She is married to a UK citizen Fred,and happily living there.A daughter was born to her last month.I didn't miss her a bit.My mother is forcing me to marry ,but now i am not interested in a marriage any more.But I am missing something else,deep in my heart.Lot of times,I asked my heart ,whether is it her,I am missing?But my brain told me I hate her.I hate her.She is the only one girl who insulted me,my ego.I saw her last at my marriage.I clearly saw her teary eyes then.No one can imagine, how happy I was then, seeing her broken state.On that day she told me with her teary eyes 'Happy Married life ,Vivek.This is the last time we are seeing each other.Here after ,you are no one to me.At first I thought,not to attend your marriage ,but then I changed my mind to attend this,because I want power to face the whole world after this and I want to convince myself that there is no point in loving you or waiting for you,now I saw, you are married to another girl.Now you can celebrate my complete break down. But I can't commit suicide Vivek,nor I can do anything against you.At any cost ,I have to survive Vivek...I have to survive for my..and Vivek mark my words,once you will regret for your deeds.
Even now I remember her words. I am not regretting for anything done to her.After my marriage, I wanted to give it a try.But Janaki was ambitious, so she went for higher studies after that and my marriage life also failed.I wonders whether these all happened to me for my deeds to her. I hate her, But I can't understand why I can't forget her thoughts.Even a day didnot passed by without her memories.'Then the car stopped at front of my new office.Every one was
there to welcome me.After welcome address,I went to my cabin and went through the old files.